Software > xlights

New Software

(1/11) > >>

csf:
I honestly fell I have a software design in mind  that will make sequencing our displays much easier, especially for things like this.

I hope to have some of it done in time for personal use for my show next year. I plan to release what ever I make as part of xlights.

Problem for me is for me, as a college student I am left with almost no free time to develop the software between college and work. I hope to at least get some of the base done over winter brake, and hope I get some more free time after I graduate in Jun. But with that being said I in no way can guarantee the time frame for this project and when it may be usable enough.

Now if there are programmers out there that want to help develop the project let me know. All I ask is that any software developed based of the ideas are released under the xlights project. (basically means a free, open source, cross platform program (preferably using wx widgets))

magic8192:
Check out Prancer
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

frankr:
csf,

I sent you a PM to express my interest in helping you out.  I am not sure what the concept your looking into is but I personally do not see any of the current solutions as the "right" answer yet.  I think there is still plenty of room for some more innovation on the software side.

Frank

csf:
Just so every one knows the reason I bought this up in the smart string section was because of people talking about the issues with sequencing devices like smart strings.

Prancer does sound rather interesting and promising. Once it's open for public testing I will definitely be giving it a try.

frankr I am sending you back a pm right now.

It's been a crazy week of college or I would of gotten back to you all sooner.

RJ:
We understand,

It is not a problem, often great threads get started from thoughts on another thread. But they also sometimes get lost by being inside the original thread. So when I see a thread hit a strong note of a different sort I usally move it to the proper place to be noticed and found later. I messed up and put in a new thread but still in Smart Strings so he moved it to a better place.

I posted this long post for the benifit of all because I have had to answer this in pm a few times when we move thread. As I told one member, if the post was a problem we wouldn't move it, we would delete it and pm the user about it.   ;D

So when we move a post it means it has value on it own, and should not fade away inside another titled incorrectly.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version