Author Topic: animatronics and servos  (Read 1476 times)

Offline knguyen916

animatronics and servos
« on: June 07, 2009, »
okay, i am completely knew to all the electronics stuff and I want to start building animatronics for my show. can i use the dmx hardwares here to control them and how would i do this. what type of servos, etc.. basically i don't know where to start or how to begin other than knowing i want something to move that is all.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: animatronics and servos
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, »
Hi Ken

I believe that JEC has a servo controller on his dmx board. I would guess the size of the servo depends on what you are moving (weight, speed) and you might need some kind of linkage if the movement is longer than what the servo can provide. Of course you can search the Internet for more dmx servo controllers.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, »
northlight makes a dmx servo board using the standard futaba servos

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, »
Frank Kostyun is running a co-op over at DIYC for a batch of Henne's DMX servo boards:

\dmc

Offline REM

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, »
Here's another source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  16 channels starting at $90 built.