Author Topic: ssc v3 mod questions  (Read 2252 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: ssc v3 mod questions
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, »
You should mod the older SSCs in order to be able to use future firmware that RJ may be creating.  I recall that he stated that all future firmware will require the V3 mods, plus as stated above new pcbs will all be V3.  It is a good practice to try to keep as much equipment as possible compatible.  My V1's and V2's seem to work fine, but I plan to mod them all before next season.  I only did one to test my abilty to do it and while that worked fine, I did not want to be making changes during the show season.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You were using the 4 LED square modules, right?  Meaning, the non officially SS approved ones??

Guilty as changed, yes;  That said, the flex strips are approved but do not play well with latest mod.

I posted this before, but in my last deal with Ray I tried buying some of the approved 3 led square modules.  He emailed and asked if he could change my order to the 4 led ones since no one is buying any of 3 led ones and is not planning on carrying them any longer. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, »
consensus says modify! lol thanks everyone. hope the coops for the ssc equipment starts soon.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights