Author Topic: Smart Strings with C-9 Cover or Flexible Strips for rain gutters.  (Read 1463 times)

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
I like the look of C-9 for gutters but i do not want to run 4 separate color strings. I also need to stay with LED's because I only have a 100 amp panel.

So I thought about RGB pixels of some type for gutters. I saw Ray Wu had smart stings with C-9 plastic covers. I do not know if light from these would be sufficient.  I also am considering flexible strips. What are your opinions?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
I don't think the group were impressed with them see this post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am confused by the statement of staying away from LEDSs because of a 100 amp panel. RGB pixels are 3 less per node.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I am confused by the statement of staying away from LEDSs because of a 100 amp panel. RGB pixels are 3 less per node.
Rick R.

Stay WITH not stay AWAY.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jeffcoast

No one actually got any to test out to see what they looked like. I got some C9 LEDs last year that looked pretty good once up. basically the same cover that is on those ones in that other post, just not RGB. But in those, the LED was up inside the cover more and not at the base.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Rick R.

Stay WITH not stay AWAY.

oops, bad eyes, Sorry

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline keitha43

Ray sent me a few of the new better sealed nodes and 1 of the clear c9 faceted covers but I havent tested them yet. I will try to get to it this weekend and will post back if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Do you have a product number or a new link to use for the new nodes?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline dmoore

If you are considering the pixel strip, I did this on my house in 2010 and you can see a sample of it here:

Thanks,
David