Author Topic: smart strings from ray wu  (Read 4676 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
smart strings from ray wu
« on: September 04, 2012, »
what is the time frame from the time you order, until the time you receive smart strings from ray? , i just need to have an idea of what my deadline is on ordering to get them in time for assembly and programming.

thanks

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, »
Right now it is about 4 or 5 days. Later in the season demand will be greater but time extends because of the amount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline keitha43

Re: smart strings from ray wu
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, »
Better than some strings from another vendor. I ordered  Aug 1st and am still waiting. They arrived in anaheim Aug 16. Yesterday they arrived in atlanta. I am in oklahoma. Looks like my lights are touring America.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, »
I just talked to Ray the other day and ordered more pixel strings, and a few module strings.  He told me that there was now about a 7 - 12 day processing time, and than the standard 3 - 5 day for DHL/FedEx.  I don't know about any of his other products though. My last order made on the 28th of Aug is due to be here on the 7th.  So I can tell he is getting busy and orders are already taking longer than normal.

If you are not ordering from Ray via DHL and are using a different China vendor, I would say the latest would be next week in order to get them in by the end of Oct/first part of Nov.  I received a notice from one of my suppliers in China that normally ships postal, saying "about 3-7 work days delay due to HK/China post began to check product with battery"..  what ever that means.  I guess the inspection is getting tighter when shipping via mail.

Kevin
---------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, »
So far it got from China to the US faster than California to Oklahoma ;D Still waiting!

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, »
I concur with Kevin.  I placed an order with Ray on 8/17 and it hasn't shipped yet.  To Ray's credit he has kept me updated with a couple of emails indicating that he "needed more time for production".  He's supposed to ship mine this week (fingers crossed).  If you order something in stock I suspect you'd get it pretty quickly.

Offline bajadahl

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, »
I paid for my order on the 14th of August (which starts the clock), It shipped on the 30th of August, and I received it on the 4th of September...... It's like Christmas at my house right now going through all the new goodies. Of course DHL showed it in Cincinnati yesterday.....but the DHL guy was knocking on my door in Austin, TX at about 5:30 last night.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, »
goof advice for be when you give him your list for a price quote. ask if everything is in stock, that way you'll get realistic expectations when you place your order, and have a chance to cross off stuff if you don't want to wait for the rest of it.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, »
I just ordered and paypaled the order last Friday. He shipped Monday his time.

I had a power supply that I had ordered a year ago that failed and he is replacing it. That's customer service!  ;D

Will post when I receive the shipment here in Atlanta GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, »
I think everything depends on what you order.  I just ordered some dumb strings and asked for a lead time.  He said he had some in stock.  Back in June I order 8 flexstrips, connectors and a tester and had them in my hands in about 8 days.  Always best to send him an email and ask.  Always order via email as well to get combined shipping that will be better than you get from aliexpress.  Also you can pay him using paypal and not get hassled with foreign exchange fees on the transaction.  At least I have never had to pay an exchange fee except for the first time I ordered and paid using the website.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, »
Still waiting for my order from 8/17 to ship, so it definitely depends on what you order.  I've been using PayPal as well to avoid the extra credit card fees for the foreign transaction.  You do lose the escrow protection of ordering from AliExpress directly but I think Ray has a proven track record that I'm not too concerned about that.

-Mike

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, »
My order that was placed on  9/1 arrived at my doorstep a few hours ago. :)  I was amazed as last year's order took almost a month to get to me. According to DHL tracking, the order arrived in Cincinnati at 2am this morning from Hong Kong, hit NYC at 7:30am, then to Norwalk, CT and finally in my grubby little hands at 12:42, which I think is a absolutely unbelievable 
The order had a fairly diverse selection of Ray's products which included 100/128 pixels strings, flexible strips, rectangular pixels and an assortment of 12v dumb pixels, strips and controllers. Now to start burning-in and testing everything to make sure it all works.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, »
Still waiting for my order from 8/17 to ship, so it definitely depends on what you order.  I've been using PayPal as well to avoid the extra credit card fees for the foreign transaction.  You do lose the escrow protection of ordering from AliExpress directly but I think Ray has a proven track record that I'm not too concerned about that.

-Mike

+1

I placed a large order last Wed and no shipment notice yet.   :'(  I am sure it it is being filled, I just got spoiled from previous orders that were rapidly filled but they were smaller.

I have RGBCLAP joneses, need my fix man.

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline dearvbguru

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, »

-Mike

+1

I placed a large order last Wed and no shipment notice yet.   :'(  I am sure it it is being filled, I just got spoiled from previous orders that were rapidly filled but they were smaller.

I have RGBCLAP joneses, need my fix man.

Just FYI I had been talking to ray about a couple of things and placed a little order of 100 node pixels x 80 on Wednesday as well and he said he's out of stock of pixels and it would take two weeks to produce at factory then time to get to him and test and then ship he said probably 4 weeks for delivery as best guess.

Steve

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, »
8000 pixels!  wow.  i want to see your display!!!  <pop..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro