Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 2417 times)

Offline lightingnut

Re: Smoke
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, »
Is the trouble with water getting into the nodes the first version of nodes that were sold and needed to be dipped or are these the 2nd version of nodes that don't need to be dipped?

Offline RickeyS

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, »
Mine were some of the first ones ordered from Ray. I didn't fully dip mine but instead used full strength and just dipped the back half. Heard someone say water could still get in the front half (I didn't expect that so, I guess after Christmas I'll dip mind completly and see.

RickeyS

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, »
Well I cannot quarantee that its actually getting thru the LED side, but I will say I dipped my totally, and that didn't 100% protect me.

I would say if your nodes get thru the season ok, there probably fine, but who knows.
My stuff has been thru enough wind and rain now I feel I gotta be close to getting all the problem nodes worked out.
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, »
Likewise here!   All of my nodes were from the first batches from Ray.   I dipped them to seal them, but it doesn't seem to have helped.  Everything was working when I put them up but the night before the first show it rained pretty hard.  The first show night I had one string totally dead string and several others which were partially working or had false colors.   Very disappointing!   All the modules were fine, but then they are already sealed from the factory.   Needless to say, I won't be using and more single nodes next year!

Offline fbinthesouth

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, »
So with 60 ss controllers, five hubs, four DMx dongles, and ether dongles on the way, it sounds like I need to nix the node purchase and punt on the rgb mega tree here in rainy Gulfport. Sounds like  flex strips are solid though from monitoring the posts. Maybe I will do something with that instead.
Sure wish the nodes would catch up to the amazing hardware we now have.
Need updated sequencing sw too. Lsp is not handling this well and this many nodes is near impossible in other sw too.