Author Topic: No more rainbows  (Read 3143 times)

Offline keitha43

Re: No more rainbows
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, »
Since rain royally screwed my megatree up(yes i did plasti-dip them) I have had to do tons of troubleshooting. Lets say node 5 is messed up, it could stay on a certain color or stay off. It can also cause wierd colors down the line or rapid flashes (usually stuck on white sections). But not always immediately after the bad node. I had 1 causing  lights around 12 nodes farther down the line stay on white (about a 17 node section) and then a few looked normal and a few after that were random colors. I grabbed the suspect node and wiggled the end with the led on it and suddenly all the leds started displaying the correct colors. Most of the time though the bad led will be the one immediately before the misbehaving nodes.

Offline Corey872

Re: No more rainbows
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, »
One thing to keep in mind... All this discussion is centered on fixing a 'rainbow' issue.  This generally means the pixels are working, but happen to me misinterpreting color commands.  Perhaps a single dropped bit in the data stream or a missed 'reset' bit.

All the software / ssc tweaking you can do still won't fix a truly damaged, waterlogged or bad node.