Author Topic: LED flex strips all on  (Read 4464 times)

Offline batdive

Re: LED flex strips all on
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, »
I just got done programming 4 SSCs for my rigid strips (120 nodes total) and had the same issue if I TYPED in the node count of 120 instead of using the drop down.  Not sure why, but everytime I typed it in I had the all white issue.  Used the drop down, and had no issue.  Go figure.

Also dont have vixen and SS Utility up at the same time.  They tend to fight for the com port and I have had issues with that also.

-JS

EDIT: Also unplug and replug in dongle between SS util / Vixen for same com port reasons mention above.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, by batdive »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, »
Yes! that could be an issue in the programming utility software and would explain the difference people are seeing. Let me go try this myself and see if it reproduces. I alwys use the pull down.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes! that could be an issue in the programming utility software and would explain the difference people are seeing. Let me go try this myself and see if it reproduces. I alwys use the pull down.

RJ

I can reproduce this myself! great find I was starting to wonder what the heck could be different!

I will look at why it does this and how I can update the utility to fix it!

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, »
Here is an updated Smart String Utility that solves this issue. Uninstall the current one and reinstall this one.

Rick can you replace this in the wiki. Thanks

RJ

Offline batdive

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, »

RJ

I can reproduce this myself! great find I was starting to wonder what the heck could be different!

I will look at why it does this and how I can update the utility to fix it!

RJ

Nice and glad to be of some help.  :)

-JS

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, »
This fully explains what I am seeing.  I am out camping with the family so I won't be able to try until Sunday.  I am curious why typing the value is different than using the dropdown. 

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, »
This fully explains what I am seeing.  I am out camping with the family so I won't be able to try until Sunday.  I am curious why typing the value is different than using the dropdown.

Where you typing it in? If so this is the issue.

The issue was just a bug in the software send out that you had zero channels to the firmware. This as you can imagine did bad things to it's operation.

RJ

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, »
I am going to need some help.  I decided to add my help comment here, because it is the closest issue to the one I am having. I have the latest software and firmware and can even program the start channels on my SSC.  I have 3 SSC each running 120 nodes or 4 rigid 30 50/50 sticks each. I get flashing on all just like in the video when I send the channel signal.  I have watched RJ’s video multiple times.  When I use the SS programmer, I was typing in the 120 and then after reading these comments I re-programmed using the drop down. Here is my problem: I have everything connected and open Vixen and run test channel I get the following.  I select channel 1 and 1 comes on red and all other channels will be instant white. I can even run through each and every channel and get the correct color, but at the same time all channels are still white. The only way to turn off the white is to remove power from the hub. I have the SSC wired Red+, Green- and Blue Data.  I did have the blue and green switch like the wiki suggested and the first node was blue. I have also done a burn in on all rigid sticks and I do have one bad node in one stick , but that stick is not in the SSTriks board I am building right now. Any suggestions?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, »
Red positive power,
Blue negative power,
Green data.

Is the jumper still in the program position?
Did you load the test firmware by mistake?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, »

Red positive power,
Blue negative power,
Green data.

Is the jumper still in the program position?
Did you load the test firmware by mistake?
I will switch and try blue negative and Green Data.  Jumper is not in program mode. I verified multiple times for the correct firmware.  thanks for the help.  I will build three more SSC with the blue - and green data and see if that will work better.  I had them that way originally and the test firmware would not work. I switch the blue and green and the test firmware did work.  go figure.  again thanks, I will test tonight and get back with an update.

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, »
are you using the dO, or the dI side of the strip?

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, »
I would be using the DI. with the arrow pointing away from the connector.  They will work in the test mode I have a video posted under the LEDTriks II page. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In this video the SSC is wired Red=positive, Green=Negative and Blue=Data.  I originally wired the SSC per the Wiki with Red=positive, Blue=negative and Green=data, I just got the first node as blue. 

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, »
how many strips do you have, does it only happen with the one?

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, »
I have 12 strips and it happens to them all

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, »
do your ssc's have the changed resistor?