Author Topic: Fuzzy Math  (Read 859 times)

Offline travailen

Fuzzy Math
« on: September 13, 2013, »
So I made a candy cane in the custom Models. The width is 5 the height is 10. I started in the bottom left corner and in sequence of numbers 1 thru 12 made my candy cane. I set my start channel for 5456. With 3 channels per node, 12 nodes are 36 channels. 36 plus 5456 equals 5492, a number I was expecting to be the end channel for the candy cane. The program generated an end channel of 5485. Likely I am doing something wrong. Just don't know what it is. Type of string is set to RGB nodes
Any opinions would be appreciated. Has anybody else checked their last channel numbers?

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
Re: Fuzzy Math
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, »
Your last channel should be 5491 which means 2 nodes are not accounted for in the model.  (If you had 1 node with a start channel of 1, the last channel would be 3 not 4.)  I'm guessing there are 2 candy canes with the same error.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline travailen

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, »
You are right about the 5492 should be 5491. Still no matter what I try I cannot get the last channel number to be correct. I am sure it is just me not understanding something.

Rick S

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, »
Where did you check the last channel number?  In the Model section or in the Test listing?

If you have the model checked as "In My Display" then xLights will label the channels in the Test List with your model name and channels.

I have found that Newly Created models sometimes don't appear until I close and reopen xLights.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, by JonB256 »

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, »
There are some problems with calculating the End Channel for custom models. This will be fixed in the next release (3.2.2).

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login