Author Topic: WTB freestyle pcb :Done:  (Read 1310 times)

Offline tylyview

WTB freestyle pcb :Done:
« on: January 17, 2010, »
I am looking for a freestyle pcb, kit, or possibly one that someone could part with.

I am thinking about doing a 4th of July show with animated fireworks and some other things and would like to get parts to start building/sequencing/playing around with.

I am on a budget of about $70 - $85 plus shipping and paypal fees.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, by tylyview »

Offline tbone321

Re: WTB freestyle pcb
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, »
While the freestyle sounds good, remember, the freestyle cannot control any lights by itself.  It needs to be connected to SSR4's and you will need 32 of them to give the freestyle its full 128 channel capability.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, »
Tbone is correct. Did you forget that with the Freestyle you'll need to purchase and or budget for some SSR's?

In any case,... I have an extra Freestyle I can sell. Just let me know.

Leon
Leon

Offline tylyview

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, »
I am aware that you need the ssr4's to actually control the lights and have been doing some research on past coop prices and such.  someone is selling some ssr4's that I will buy from. I would be interested in buying your freestyle if you don't need it.  Is it already built or just pcb?

Thanks

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, »
It is a kit that would require assembly. Not to worry though. IMHO the Freestyle is the easiest assembly I have done yet besides the grinch.  Also it should be noted that the Freestyle can work with other SSR's as well. I have operated mine with the SSROZ type SSRs but to be honest, the SSR4 was made specifically for the  small broadbandstore.com style case whilethe SSROZ does require some work to  mount in the same case.  I'm currently researching how much I paid. (Only want that price plus paypal fee and shipping.)  I have a PM out to Marcus to find out. Then I'll let you know.
Leon
Leon

Offline tylyview

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, »
Thanks,
That is even better considering I would love to get into the diy part of this hobby.  ;D
Once you find the price you can PM me details.