Author Topic: Export to LSP  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Voltorb

Export to LSP
« on: December 07, 2013, »
When trying to export my Mega Tree model to LSP, windows reports Xlights is not responding, and closes it.  Very likely because the .USER file being generated is over 25GB when it stops!  Wondering if it would be possible to export in chunks of perhaps 8 strings.  In Nutcracker 2.0, Kurt broke it up by time which meant you had to find the end of the previous chunk.  That worked, but perhaps breaking it up by channels or strings would be easier.  Thanks for your consideration, and all you do!
It's not the fast pace of life that bothers me....
....It's the sudden stop at the end!

Offline arw01

Re: Export to LSP
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, »
Yeah that's way too massive of a file.  I suppose you are going to have to go the route of LSP export to nutcracker to what player after that?

I'm curious on how exactly that works as I have not gotten my head around bringing that LSP file into xlights and then working with it.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, »
I actually did a couple sequences from lsp to nutcracker for my mega tree.  Then you can use the file on the conductor/xlights/raspberry pi.  Problem is just can't go back to lsp, so do all the sequencing you want in lsp before you want to add nutcracker effects.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, »
I appreciate the options.  I don't have those options.  I have Animated Lighting Controllers.  Have to use LSP.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I appreciate the options.  I don't have those options.  I have Animated Lighting Controllers.  Have to use LSP.

are you doing anexport or an export model? The latter makes smaller files.

futher, divide your mp3 file into 2 or 3 pieces using somethink like audacity.
now cut the xml file you have into 3 parts and you can then have 3 sequences for your song. now the userpatterns.xml will be 3 times smaller.

sorry,i did suggest to lsp to be able to read an xseq file, it is on their to do list. maybe next year.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, »
I'm doing export Model.  it's a 24 Universe model.  Thanks, I'll split the MP3, that's a great idea Sean!  I hope you're feeling better.  Take care of yourself.  There is nothing more important to your family.  Merry Christmas!