Author Topic: How many smart strings do you use on your mega tree.  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Re: How many smart strings do you use on your mega tree.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Guys you can ignore the one vote for 64 SS.  My daughter, who has been helping me out was under my username, saw the thread and asked how many smart strings I had on our mega tree.  I conveniently didn't hear the "smart" part of the question and answered 64.  Wasn't until yesterday when she told me I had more than everyone else that I went back and looked at the thread and realized OOPS!.  I have 64 strands but they are not smart strings. :-[

No worries, hey at least she interested in your hobby, I hope my kids get into it as well.  I'd be happy if my kids were checking out this site and asking me questions. 8)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, »
i'm wondering the size of the "in betweens".

maybe the next time a similar survey is taken it can be worded:

(_) 1-8 smart strings
(_) 9-16 smart strings
(_) 17-24 smart strings
(_) 25-32 smart strings
(_) 33-40 smart strings
(_) 41-48 smart strings
(_) 49-64 smart strings
(_) 65+ smart strings
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rogerwh

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, »
She's actually in college and is the reason I can't afford smart strings. :'(  However, I can't complain.  She did all the soldering on my last three Express Boards and is becoming more and more interested.  I gave her my login info and told her to look around on the site hoping to gain another soldier in the fight with my wife for more blinky!