Author Topic: Craftsman 9amp electric blower $10 at Sears  (Read 788 times)

Offline knguyen916

Craftsman 9amp electric blower $10 at Sears
« on: January 29, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

For use with a fogger or snow machine? Or just a simple leaf blower. Looking to add it to a fogger if needed. May not be available at all sears :-(. Closest one to me is grass valley

Offline fredhag

Re: Craftsman 9amp electric blower $10 at Sears
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, »
Thansk!  I'm one of those people who uses lots of lowly inflatables (I run the blower fans constantly and just blink some flood lights that I insert up their, uh, rectums).  Cheap blowers burn out frequently so I was thinking about getting a heavy duty blower and duct it with PVC to my choir of inflatables.  This will be perfect (I'll probably run a rheostat to drop the blower to a reasonable speed as long as the motor takes it).

Cheers,
Fred

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, »
If that is using a low cost brushless AC motor that I suspect that it is, a rheostat will not properly control the speed of the motor and will probably cause it to overheat and burn out.  Many of these motors are dependant on the frequency of the voltage coming in to control their speed and a variable frequency controller would cost more than the blower.  Inflatables also require a lot of air volume, especially as they get older and you want the blower to be fairly quiet.  These blowers are far from that and slowing them down a little will not quiet them down to the level of the origional blower.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, »
I bought one for using it as a blower, good price if it holds up.  Bought the warranty for $1.50 for 2 years, that' less than the gas will cost me to go get it  ;)

Umm, I'm gonna use it to blow all the clipped leads from the soldering, yeah that's the reason..

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, »
Great idea and when your done, tell me how long it takes you to find the board afterword, LOL. ;D
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving