Author Topic: Mouser part number for 330 ohm resistor for V3 mod  (Read 1057 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Does anyone know the right part number?  The Mouser BOM list for V3 is not up on WIKI yet and I would hate to order the wrong parts for the mods (and the Smart Strings I have converted using Radio $hack  330 resistors are just huge compared to the 47 ohm resistors they are replacing.)  If this was in an earlier post, please let me know. 

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline J4A4E

Re: Mouser part number for 330 ohm resistor for V3 mod
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, »
 I believe the part number is 291-330-rc

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, »
yes, it's 291-330-RC
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline injury

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know the right part number?  The Mouser BOM list for V3 is not up on WIKI yet and I would hate to order the wrong parts for the mods (and the Smart Strings I have converted using Radio $hack  330 resistors are just huge compared to the 47 ohm resistors they are replacing.)  If this was in an earlier post, please let me know. 

Kurt

The larger resistors are just a higher wattage, I used the radio shack ones myself since I didn't want to wait around.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, »

Kurt

The larger resistors are just a higher wattage, I used the radio shack ones myself since I didn't want to wait around.

I understand.  Just don't like the 'look' of a huge resistor sticking up (not that anyone sees them! LOL)
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, »
Might be a stupid question, but just wanting to make sure before I finalize the SSCs....in the manual it says to replace the 330 ohm resistor with a 150 ohm resistor.  However, in the V3 Modification, it states that the "330ohm is the one to use if you are building new".  So, I've already followed the manual directions and replaced the resistor with a 160 ohm resistor that I had laying around...do I need to change out this resistor back to the 330 ohm if I'm modifying my v1 SSC to the v3?

Thanks in advance...

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, »
yes you replace it with one in the range.  if you have them lying around, anything in the range of of 220 - 330 ohms.  if you have to buy resistors, then get the 330.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!