Fun > The Porch

Everyone's recommended way to order from Ray Wu??

<< < (2/4) > >>

Steve Gase:
I order a couple times a year, usually doing a bulk buy for the Austin area. 

You can get better shipping quotes through email.

I usually send email to each of Ray's addresses -- just to make sure he gets the message. :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginm

arw01:
Making up a spreadsheet of what you want with the link to the items as a field, the quanity, a copy of the description, any notes of custom modifications you want.

Ray was very high on shipping the last time I was trying to order some cables and floods, it was cheaper to through in a group buy and then pay to reship by 30% over what Ray wanted to charge to ship just my portion of the order.

Another option is to add the trade manager app to your pc and chat with Ray there, but figure a few days of going back and forth and that it will NOT ship when Ray says it will at least 2x maybe 3x.

Alan

rrowan:
Another thing, what are the "good" and "bad" times of the year to order or not to order?

I know China shuts down for about a month.

Thanks.

I'll start compiling the info to my first post.

Rick R.

Steve Gase:

You can order/specify custom items -- spacing between pixels, extra-long wire on at the start and/or end of the string, wire color, (waterproof) connectors, etc.
I also had Ray put in Ultra Violet LEDs in a DMX-controlled flood enclosure instead of RGB.

If you are trying to get things quick, don't order custom items...  Or, treat the custom items as a separate order so that the non-customized items are not held up.

Ok... here is another use of the word "custom"... :)

I have heard people say that customs charges have been received sometime after the shipment...  I've not see that.  My shipments come to me via DHL...  maybe they handle things differently than the other shippers? I'm interested in hearing how other people fair with customs and the different shipping companies.

Steve Gase:
I don't know if this is consistent everywhere, but I did read this:

For 2015, CNY officially begins on February 19th and ends February 25th. Our experience with prior CNY holidays tells us that we should conservatively plan for no production or shipments leaving China during the entire month of February and for reduced output during the first half of March 2015

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version