Author Topic: Ever wondered who "Ray Wu" is?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Re: Ever wondered who "Ray Wu" is?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks David for helping us put a face to a name and sheeding some light on how things are made.
I find it fascinating that they make hi tech stuff with low tech methods.
John

Anyone who says "I can't solder this Lynx controller - it's too complicated" should talk with a old lady that 6 months before was farming in an field and now can handle a soldering iron like ku-fu panda!

Or say that to someone who said that they couldn't build a surface mount Aether I.  <yk..   ;)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, »
Thank you so much David for posting the pictures! I means a lot to be able to put a face to the name.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, »
In the early 90s I lived over there for about a year before China took it over. I would like to go back and see how things have changed. Hong Kong has allways been a very dynamic place to visit.

Offline TheBanker

Ever wondered who "Ray Wu" is?
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, »
Why doesnt he come to the academy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, »
Are you going to pay for his airfair.... LOL.  Actually, I would like to see him there myself.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, »
In the early 90s I lived over there for about a year before China took it over. I would like to go back and see how things have changed. Hong Kong has allways been a very dynamic place to visit.

I actually did go for a week-long visit Hong Kong just a few months before it went back to Chinese rule, and I went again about 2 years ago. It felt pretty well the same to me. If anything, Hong Kong's way of life has changed China.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, »

I actually did go for a week-long visit Hong Kong just a few months before it went back to Chinese rule, and I went again about 2 years ago. It felt pretty well the same to me. If anything, Hong Kong's way of life has changed China.

That's good to know. I bet they have changed a lot of the Cantonese names thought. I lived in a flat off what was then the MTR railroad/subway.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, »

That's good to know. I bet they have changed a lot of the Cantonese names thought. I lived in a flat off what was then the MTR railroad/subway.

I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, so I can't comment there. Just as much English that I can remember. It's nice to navigate the streets and be able to read their names. It was much harder in Japan. I remember that I got 2 tickets, one from Chofu to Tokyo, and one return from Tokyo to Chofu using an automated machine that had English menus, but the tickets were in Japanese. I had to use basic shape/symbol matching to figure out which was which after they came out of the machine.
I was poking around Google maps, and now I can't fathom how I navigated the streets.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, »
Why doesnt he come to the academy?

I'm guessing, it's that since a ticket alone would be more than his monthly earnings.  I purchase from factories directly that Ray resells for and I can tell you that his mark-up isn't that great.  Plus, the DIY crowd is a pretty demanding bunch that want all the stuff they get to work and that cuts into profits.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, »

I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, so I can't comment there. Just as much English that I can remember. It's nice to navigate the streets and be able to read their names. It was much harder in Japan. I remember that I got 2 tickets, one from Chofu to Tokyo, and one return from Tokyo to Chofu using an automated machine that had English menus, but the tickets were in Japanese. I had to use basic shape/symbol matching to figure out which was which after they came out of the machine.
I was poking around Google maps, and now I can't fathom how I navigated the streets.

Getting around the major cities in China is pretty easy - nearly every street sign, subway machine, map, etc are in english.  About the only place it gets dicey is when you want to ride the bus system. 

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, »
First off, Thank you for sharing the Pics and your experience.   I wanted to go to China to see the Great Wall and the Clay Warriors. 

Automation will come when labor becomes more expensive.  Automation is a huge expense, look at what we do to automate a few Christmas lights.   I do believe living conditions will continue to improve not only in China but the world as thing settle out.

R,
Tony "C"
R,
Tony "C"

Offline Zeph

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, »
So did you get any idea of the relationship between Ray Wu and RITA?

Of course he sells RITA stuff, but RITA's domain is rita-led.com and Ray Wu's email seems to be You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (tho Ray Sun is listed as the contact for the company on various websites).

Is Ray Wu a principal in RITA, an employee or something more vague?

Offline Beanbag109

• "If I bulid it, it will flash and blink"
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, »
That was a real nice post! It is so cool to see those faces of the people we order from! HK is a great place to see, and the food is amazing!

Thanks again!

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, »
That was a real nice post! It is so cool to see those faces of the people we order from! HK is a great place to see, and the food is amazing!

Thanks again!

Yep, I've eaten at the Pizza Hut in Kowloon many times. Very interesting take on pizza there.  ;D

Also the McDonals are the same as here.  :) In the Kowloon trourist district there seemed to be one on every corner. There are 78 in the Kowloon area.