Author Topic: Chase Question  (Read 2776 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Chase Question
« on: May 15, 2009, »
Is there a way to change the chase behavior so it acts more like a smooth transition?
I have played with it some and it does move from one light to the next but I am trying to get something that looks more like a trail if that makes any sense?

Thanks

Bill

Offline rmonty

Re: Chase Question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, »
I assume you are wanting like a fade pattern where it fades in and out, not just out.  Right now, unless David corrects me, you can only set it to ramp in one direction, but I will get with David and see if maybe we can change the property settings (under Configuration\Effect Plugins) to allow for different fade types.  The easy thing to do right now is to do the chase pattern and then change your effect tool to ramp up.  Then select the time interval cell before each of the ramp downs.  This will give you the fade up/down I think you are looking for.

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, »
I think what Bill was refering to was being able to have some overlap on the channels ...  i.e.  channel one starts;  in the next cell, channel one dims and channel 2 starts;   in the third cell, channel one completes the dim to 0, channel 2 dimms, channel 3 starts; in the fourth cell, channel 1 is silent, channel to dims down to 0, channel 3 dimms, and channel 4 starts, etc.   Thus creating that  tail that Bill mentioned.   

Hope this helps.     

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline rmonty

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, »
I think I understand...
I included two different chase patterns below, one on minitrees 1 - 8 across 9 time intervals, and the other minitrees 1-4 across 9 time intervals.  In these two examples I used the chase tool to quickly create the ramp down effects just by dragging across the cells.  I then picked the ramp-up effect tool and clicked the cell before each ramp down.

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, »
closer,   but still not there ......    I'll try tonight to mangle an example of what I was trying to describe.

Larry

3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, »
Thanks for the updates.  I will also make a video tonight to describe what I am looking for.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, »
OK

Here is a quick video of what I was trying to describe.

Bill

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, »
Bill,

Might want to change the ramp display in Vixen to toggle between gradient and bar ramps for now so we can compare apples to apples.

I think this might be similar to what Bill's looking for.

Leon
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bill,

Might want to change the ramp display in Vixen to toggle between gradient and bar ramps for now so we can compare apples to apples.

I think this might be similar to what Bill's looking for.

Leon

Thanks for the ideal but I belive that the video of the preview window captured is what I am looking for.

Offline EvilJesus

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, »
Quick n00b question: Is this how you guys are doing the "leaping arches"?  I am always amazed when I see them, and was trying to figure it out.

Thanks,

EJ

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, »
Hi Bill,

Check this video:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think he demos in here the functionality you are looking for.

Evil,

The leaping arch effect can be done this way. It depends on if you want the tail effect or not.  There are many ways to do teh arches.  I like to do a ramp in/out chase but the idea is the same.  Start at section 1 time 1, then section 2 at time 2... section n, time n.  You then play with the timing to fit your needs.

Frank

Offline EvilJesus

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, »
Very awesome, thanks!

I had been racking my brain over it for a while :)

looks like I'll have to get more controllers just for that purpose.

Thanks again!

EJ