Author Topic: Nubie Smart string questions  (Read 1109 times)

Offline therealbigjim

Nubie Smart string questions
« on: February 02, 2011, »
After reading hundreds of posts and ordering parts on the coop I have several questions.

How long are the smart strings (or will be)?   42 ft ? 4" x 128 nodes = 512" / 12" = 42.6'.  This would yeald a 30' tall mega tree with a 20' base. 30' tall 10 base, 32' angle for each string.?

Is there a set length the strings will be manufactured to?  128, 150, 200 node counts. ?  On Ray's site it just said .79 a node but I havn't seen if there is a standard length?

I know it depends on node spacing and since DIY is about saving money. I know RJ and the others working on the spects. I want to do a 16 string mega tree and using the 128 node per string (or 125 with a red, blue, green command) for about 2000 nodes!!!! @ a possible cost of $ 1580.00 ...or am I completely wrong.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Trepidati0n

Re: Nubie Smart string questions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, »
Check out the wiki...
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this thread. All threads are made with 100% recycled electrons. No electrons were discriminated against based upon race, age, religion, or direction of spin. The views in this post may or may not reflect the views of DLA or the views outside my window.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, »
The pixel node spacing is ~ 3.5 " between centers  according to RJ so about 40ft
The estimate price is $0.63 each

You don't have to have 128 per SSC less is better for amps

RJ posted in the what is a smart string post that he was going to offer set lengths of pixel nodes. The other styles are preset to 10, 30 etc

10 , 20, 35, 50, 70, 100, 128 pixel nodes preset lengths but its subject to change.

I wouldn't order from Rays yet since its not confirmed what chip he is using and what Ray is offering may or may not work. Of course there is also the Licensing issue with Phillips that everyone needs to understand too.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, »
Ok, thx being new to DIY and reading so many pages and posts, some from as long ago as 2008, it takes a while to get my mind around the set up and what is going on. ( Also reading other sites and hearing about similar stuff it is easy to mix up the specifics. )
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"