Author Topic: Error with PixelNet and Renard 64  (Read 1083 times)

Offline foxathome

• 57 channels and nothings on
Error with PixelNet and Renard 64
« on: December 09, 2011, »
I have my mega tree and other features running on a Renard 64 using last years vixen  programs. Now I'm trying to add PixelNet and Smart Strings. I am unable to have both existing in the same sequence. I create a new profile. Add Renard 64 and no problems getting output. Then I add the Pixelnet and configure it to run channels 65 though 1355. When I attempt to do any additional work an error message is generated "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the colection. Parameter name: index"
I've tried every method I can think of to get these to work together. At the moment I can develop for SS or Renard. Not both in the same sequence.

Desperate in Duvall ----
57 (1057 now) Channels and Nothings On!
So I'll blink lights instead

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
Re: Error with PixelNet and Renard 64
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, »
How did you create your profile? Did you do it all from within Vixen with the profile manager?

The Index out range error is usually a mismatch in the number of channels listed in your profile. This can be in the sort order or the plugin section. Make sure that you have all 1355 channels listed in your profile before trying to add the plugins.

If you send me your profile, I may be able to fix it. I was able to add both plugins to a profile and create a test sequence with no errors.

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, »
In Vixen I copied my old Profile and reserved the first 512 channels for my Renards then added another 2700 channels for PixelNet using the Add channel in the Edit a Profile for a total channel count of 3212. 
I then created my PixelNet channels in VSB using the 3212 as the total channels and the SSC start channel as 513.
In the Old Profile under <ChannelObjects> I cut from output 512 (because the profile output channel starts at 0) to the end of the channel list (</ChannelObjects>) and pasted the same range from the Vixen file created by VSB. 
This preserved all my old profile settings for the first 512 channels and added the new PixelNet string settings to the end of it.
You should practice with adding one or two strings until you get the hang of it, then go for it. :)
It is a real PIA to get everything lined up but I was able to use the new profile with all of my old sequences and add in the PixelNet channels. 
In VSB you can also select different sort criteria and later paste these into your profile as well. 
Please make backup copies of your profile because it's very easy to screw this up and you always want to be able to start over.  I learned the hard way, but got lucky because I had versions all over the place.:-[
Good luck
Ron
Luceat lux vestra

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, »
Make sure that the quantity of channels also match in the adjustable preview.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline foxathome

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, »
Thanks for all of the suggestions. In short is seems that the setting the number of channels listed in the profile. I've tried hacking the profiles manually and keep getting the same errors. I will try again at lunch (advantage of working from home) and post the profile if unable to figure it out. Have spent hours looking, will take these suggestions and try again.

Offline foxathome

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, »
Sometimes it just takes someone who has a clue looking over your virtual sholder.
Recreated the profiles ensuring I had the correct number of channels and then properly set the plugin's later to cover the correct channels. Simple once you do it right!