Author Topic: SS Hub Failure  (Read 2364 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: SS Hub Failure
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks rdebolt for the offer.  I was able to buy a board from another member and it arrived yesterday and today my power supply from newegg arrived.  I am back up and running!  The full color LED mega tree looks great!  :D

Glad to here that! You did remember to plug in the 3, 4 terminals connectors didn't you?  ;)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, »
Here is a bit of an ignorant question.  I was looking at the 750 Corsair PS I bought for SS and it only has 2 "strands" of 4pin connectors. Each set has several 4 pin female plugs on it.  Is it OK to fill up the 3 four pin connectors using a couple of the female connectors from each strand?  (to make this PS work I would need to use one connector from one strand and 2 connectors from the second strand). 

Thanks

Offline rm357

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, »
Yes,
the limiting factor is the connector, not the wire.
use both strands, as you indicated.

Rm
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, »
The limiting factor is both the connector and wire. The wiring on the supplys can not handle enough current for what we do. The connector is the weakest point but you need multiple cables also. If you only have two then use them and if they have multiple connectors use one of the ones that is on the same wire because the connector is weaker than the wire. But do not put three connectors on on wire and plug it in and think you are good as now you will load the wire too much.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, »
Thank you for the feedback. 
I wasn't planning on loading up an entire hub with 16 strings  anyway so I anticipate some "safety" using lower number of SS per hub.