Author Topic: Canadian Source for Enclosures  (Read 1877 times)

Offline grossg

Canadian Source for Enclosures
« on: April 11, 2009, »
I have located a source for the CG-500 enclosures for the MR16 Controller in Canada.  Capalla Telecommunications INC. will sell them at a price per unit of $7.53 CAD or about $6.13 USD.  The minimum purchase however is 40.  Lead time approx 2-4 weeks ARO.

I purchased the CG-1500 for my Expresses from the same company without a minimum using my credit card.  10 by Purolator Ground to Brandon, Manitoba from Peteborough, Ontario was $37.18 CAD at a unit price of $12.86 CAD.

Kathy McCracken - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - is the contact and is very easy to deal with.  They are used to dealing with companies but she said there was no problem at all for individual orders.

I don't know if it would be worth the exchange on the dollar for shipping from Canada but in the least it a source for the units.

Best regards,
Glen
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, by grossg »
"Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy Perfect Light"

Offline packetbob

• zappedmyself.com
Re: Canadian Source for Enclosures
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, »
I know this is an old topic, but wanted to post that the info is still valid as I just ordered 5 of the GC-1500 cases from Capella through Kathy McCracken (contac details in oroginal post below).. Though I still have to pay shipping from the Ontario warehouse to BC it beats bringing them up through the border...

This was the only Canadian source I coudl find. There is a local company callaed Primex that also make similar enclosures but i couldn't get an answer from their local distributor...

Just a little help for us Canadians that get tired of paying the often huge "duty processing" fees that the courier companys typically tack on to any package comign across the border...

Bob
zappedmyself.com