Author Topic: WTB: FM Transmitter  (Read 701 times)

Offline GregO

WTB: FM Transmitter
« on: November 07, 2014, »
Would prefer the FM02, but open to others if they performed well for you.  Would prefer one that includes a power supply.

Offline bamabugs

Re: WTB: FM Transmitter
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login                                                                                                                        This is similar to what i use it works good for me in a rural area not any interference. my antenna is on a stand i put it on top the house.

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, »
Please be aware that most FM transmitters listed on eBay come as either 1-watt or 5-watt effective radiation (the one listed has a switch to choose the between 1 watt and 5 watts).

Even 1 watt exceeds Federal Communication Commission requirements for Part 15 unlicensed usage by one hundred million times (see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login -- 0.01 microwatts divided by 1 watt is 100,000,000).

If your transmitter's signal exceeds 200 feet you are breaking the law. It doesn't make any difference about "being out in the country" or that your driveway is 100 yards from the road; 200 feet.

There are transmitters used by many in the hobby that produce a legal signal; at this time of year, few dealers have product, though it appears that You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login does.

If you can only find a 1-watt transmitter, you should consider using the most minimal antenna and/or add an electronic attenuator; you would want a 50-ohm, 20db attenuator with BNC connectors (if the photo of the device listed is correct).

HTH.

\dmc

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, »
I use the EDM here is the link.  You will have to solder the power. I adjusted it to be only a few feet. it is very clear and adjustable for the legal issues.  it is so worth the money. I had two of the other posted and they fired each year. I have been using my EDM for 5 years no problems.  it may be too late to order, but you can order anyway if the site states  it is too late.  sometimes they will send it out anyway.  My best by far and on the sixth year.  Kevin

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login