Author Topic: Display for whom? Advice needed  (Read 1623 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Display for whom? Advice needed
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Apreciate all the relpy's.....definately can tell the married from the unmarried.....
Put my foot down....somewhat firmly about  the back yard display.....1 fancy- the rest static....and if my honey do list gets any longer....out it comes to the front yard.......at least for now ( till I tell her my plan) <la..

Oh for the 27 trees inside....

if you have to compete with those trees, you're doomed!   :o
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rm357

Display for whom? Advice needed
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, »
Hmmm,

I'm thinking she wants her trees to be the introduction and your stuff to blow their doors off.

If yours is out front, that impact is lost.

But by the same token, if only a few folks are going to be able to enjoy it, it hardly seems to be worth the effort.

You might suggest setting yours up out front and having a kickoff party. Your stays off until her friends have come over and been entertained for a bit. Then all of you go out together for a lighting of the lights.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline typoagain

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey All,
 Mrs and I are at odds (surprise) over this years display....and I need your advice.

We are having a open house this year. My bride of 17 years want to show off the house and her 27 inside trees.
I get to do the outside, but she wants the fancy blinky-blink in the back yard for 1 night of guests vs the front yard  for a month of blinky-blink.

You can only see a sliver of the back yard from the front of the house and I think would be a waste of effort for only a few people to see.

Your thoughts?

27 tress? You lucky !@#$%^&! My wife if fighting with me over setting up 4 (We always have 4!)

I second the idea of setting up clones in the back. (I need to steal that idea!)
I generally have some lights set up in the back yard during the summer anyway.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, »
HAPPY WIFE
HAPPY LIFE
Jeff