Author Topic: Ray's Site----  (Read 1163 times)

Offline wwwgator

• S.E. WI
Ray's Site----
« on: June 11, 2011, »
Just got into work tonight and found this in my in box

"i need you help.

aliexprss Team want to punish me because i did not put the right tracking numbers on my aliexpress orders( that is because i could not make delivery in time,so i made a false tracking number first), so they took off my products, could you help me to send a mail to aliexpres:tradeservice@aliexpress.com ; to say that: we need ray's store(701799 ) to open so that we can order.

i would be much appreciated.

thanks and best regards"

its signed from Ray.

I checked on aliexpress tonight and Ray's store is gone.

I have dealt with other suppliers on aliexpress and have tested some ribbons (1804IC) using the TH2010 controller just fine.

I wont  post anybody's info just yet, but I'm a little concerned for Ray.

Take appropriate action as you see necessary.

:o :o   

I know nothing......and I prove it DAILY!!!

Getting crazy ideas and breaking stuff since 1977

Master Electrician/ Electrical Inspector/ Evil Genius (apprentice)

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Re: Ray's Site----
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, »
I too received the same email from Ray.

I will support RJ and I wish to support Ray.

Unless I have a strong objection from DLA and its users, my intention is to notify Aliexpress to get on the ball and reinstate Ray's site.

'Course, he's sitting on better than $2K of my money.   

I want Ray's product, not a refund, and since RJ and Ray have worked so hard to get us all LSS's (Lynx Smart String's) and all of the hard work behind it, well, "...or get off the pot."

:) joe

"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline ptone

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, »
I saw in another forum that it will hopefully be back up monday.  I sent my letter of support.  I had made a minimum order to sample SS gear, and recently have been buying some non-blinky related items as well (strip lights for my backyard pergola).

Would suck to get a huge package of SSC and hubs and then not be able to get the SS gear itself.

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, »
Interesting. He emailed me yesterday to say the replacement nodes for my defective ones were on their way and mentioned his site would be up again Monday . He never sent me the email you describe and never mentioned anything about it in his email to me.

Offline erm213

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, »
aliexprss Team want to punish me because i did not put the right tracking numbers on my aliexpress orders( that is because i could not make delivery in time,so i made a false tracking number first)

Well, there is the problem, and he admitted it. He made up fake numbers to beat the system. The buyer has the ability to extend the shipping clock. Ray could have asked the buyer to extend the time. At that point, the buyer could extend the time, or choose not to. If the timer expires, the order would cancel. I'm sure the majority of people on this site would be fine with extending the shipping clock a few days instead of cancelling the order. There is still a shipping clock to protect the buyer if the product never ships.

In this regard, I do not have sympathy for Ray. While I like his products, and would be interested in ordering more in the future, I do not want to be given fake tracking numbers because he decided not to ask me for more time to ship the product.

Also, before I would send my letter of support, I would want to know if Alibaba warned him about this practice before shutting his store down. If they did, he could have taken corrective actions. If not, give him another chance, making sure he does follow proper procedure this time.

Just my opinion.

Erik

Offline tng5737

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, »
It looks like Ray's site is back up now!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, »
yup its back. that is good to see

Cheers

Rick R,
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required