Author Topic: Why I like LEDs  (Read 709 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Why I like LEDs
« on: November 14, 2010, »
Besides having pitiful programming skills my two major problems are power and storage.  For storage I built a 16x12 shed this year, but for power I use mostly LEDs.  I've put up all the lights on the front of the house - see photo - and the "measured" power usage for all this is 1.46 amps and that is with all on, so for blinky it is even less.  There are 72 LED strings lit up here.

I don't put up anything in the yard until the week of thanksgiving.  Still have to put up lights on the roof peak, also all led.  By contrast my 16 incan mini trees take over 20 amps.  I'm hoping I can afford some Smart strings for the house and then make new led minis from what is on the house now.

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Re: Why I like LEDs
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, »
Thats awesome. I wish I could afford LEDs upfront for my display.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline batdive

Re: Why I like LEDs
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Besides having pitiful programming skills my two major problems are power and storage.  For storage I built a 16x12 shed this year, but for power I use mostly LEDs.  I've put up all the lights on the front of the house - see photo - and the "measured" power usage for all this is 1.46 amps and that is with all on, so for blinky it is even less.  There are 72 LED strings lit up here.

I don't put up anything in the yard until the week of thanksgiving.  Still have to put up lights on the roof peak, also all led.  By contrast my 16 incan mini trees take over 20 amps.  I'm hoping I can afford some Smart strings for the house and then make new led minis from what is on the house now.

Nice, I have to type this quick so my wife does not see you already put up your lights.  She has already been asking to put up Christmas items.  I usually try to save it for the day after Turkey day, but not sure if I will be able to hold out that long.   ;D