Author Topic: Wife wants me to fix old Gemmy Airblown display  (Read 813 times)

Offline rimist

As the subject says... my wife wants me to fix a Gemmy Airblown display.... this thing got fried, I cannibalized another airblown I had with a torn display in order to get the fan part working, but the lights and music are history.

I showed her a couple of simple youtube videos showing some nice but easy displays, and of course she brought up fixing this thing again.... knowing it would frustrate me.

At first I said "You know that there is no way I can fix that..."  <fp. but after a moment, I changed that to " OK, but I need to order some parts"  ;D

She looked at me, thinking I was kidding, but I just told her that I can make it do lights and music again.

My thought is, the case that held the circuit board for the old POS was nice and watertight, and plenty big enough to hold a Lynx Express. Funny part is, she will think that getting it working better than it used to for around $50* is a good deal!

* make that $90... And she might not be as pleased. I was looking at an old price list. I'm considering using one or two ssr4-dmx instead to keep the price down, but not thrilled about that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, by rimist »
- Rimist

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Re: Wife wants me to fix old Gemmy Airblown display
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, »
Love it.

I say go for it!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, »
Excellent!  LoL

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, »
That is awesome!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login