Author Topic: Nutcracker Request  (Read 1000 times)

Offline thestig

Nutcracker Request
« on: October 14, 2013, »
Hello Sean,

I am a little frustrated with LSP at the moment and need to have some quick effects built for my flex strips that line the roof of my house. I am using nutcracker/xlights for my sequencing of these as I need to make sure I have something working. I am not going to add any new songs to my show this year. Just reuse the songs I had last year with my singing faces. I think the easiest thing for me at this point is to add these flex strips into my already built LOR s2 sequences. Or probably the easier way, add my old sequences to the new file that is created through nutcracker as its less channels to paste.

Anyways I am using some of the single string effects (as many as I can get to work as most are mega tree oriented) and was wondering if you could simply change the limit on the number of nodes in a single strand. right now its at 300 I believe. My reasoning for this is that I want to use the curtain effect from left to right or right to left across my house but have no way to tell it to chase  through all of my models. (I built one model for each of my SSC's). I even layed the lines out in the shape of my roof on the previewer and it looks awesome. I think this would be a cool way to make the arches chase too.

I know this might not make sense as  its 1am and I am running on fumes, but hopefully this could be an easy change?

I could then make one model that was all of my flex strips together in a line and sequence them as one.

for example 1 string with 680 nodes. (thats how many I have across my house from one side to the other)

Anyways I am sure you are busy healing up, I hope all is well.

Grant

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
Re: Nutcracker Request
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, »
I would be patient on this one. Sean mentioned that he's been working on a new release that focuses on single strands and arches.  I don't know any details aside from that but I'm definitely looking forward to it too.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, »
Hello Sean,

I am a little frustrated with LSP at the moment and need to have some quick effects built for my flex strips that line the roof of my house. I am using nutcracker/xlights for my sequencing of these as I need to make sure I have something working. I am not going to add any new songs to my show this year. Just reuse the songs I had last year with my singing faces. I think the easiest thing for me at this point is to add these flex strips into my already built LOR s2 sequences. Or probably the easier way, add my old sequences to the new file that is created through nutcracker as its less channels to paste.

Anyways I am using some of the single string effects (as many as I can get to work as most are mega tree oriented) and was wondering if you could simply change the limit on the number of nodes in a single strand. right now its at 300 I believe. My reasoning for this is that I want to use the curtain effect from left to right or right to left across my house but have no way to tell it to chase  through all of my models. (I built one model for each of my SSC's). I even layed the lines out in the shape of my roof on the previewer and it looks awesome. I think this would be a cool way to make the arches chase too.

I know this might not make sense as  its 1am and I am running on fumes, but hopefully this could be an easy change?

I could then make one model that was all of my flex strips together in a line and sequence them as one.

for example 1 string with 680 nodes. (thats how many I have across my house from one side to the other)

Anyways I am sure you are busy healing up, I hope all is well.

Grant

i think you misunderstand the single strand model. I assume you do not have one physical string with 680 nodes, 2040 channels? I dont know of anyone selling strings that long.

suppose you have 12v 1809 flex strips, 120 nodes each. you could select single strand and then say you have 6 strings of 120 nodes for a total of 720 nodes. The model just is going to be viewed as the single string  (720 nodes) total that you built.

when we prompt for "# of strings", we mean the physical number of strings you have.

the reason there is a 300 node limit is that we are unaware of any manufacture that sells a string with more than 300 nodes.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, »
the reason there is a 300 node limit is that we are unaware of any manufacture that sells a string with more than 300 nodes.

thanks
sean
With multiple controllers, power injection, and other techniques, a "logical string" can be any length. Are there other reasons to force a constraint?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline thestig

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, »
I am trying to build a logical string as Steve mentions as I want to use effects like the curtain across the whole house. I have multiple strings of different number of node and multiple controllers as my house has a certain shape. I was just trying to come up with a simple solution. The best would be to allow us to run those kind of effects across multiple models.

The longest flex strip I have is 120 as I'm using ssc's.

I have each pixel channel in sequence from the right peak to the left edge if my house. If you follow the entire 7+ flex strips they make a continuous line across the top of my house. That is what would make a logical string work. I guess I am the only one that would like to use this don't worry about it. I'm gonna work on uninstalling some codecs on lsp.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, by thestig »

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, »
Stig, Have you imported any LOR RGB effects into LSP????

Offline thestig

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, »
I have not as this is my first true year with rgb. I don't count me aethers are they were sequenced like they were not RGB. I have imported my lor S2 singing faces to LSP though. I tried to build my conductor today to just tough it out with LSP and use a good playback device. However, its card reader is not properly soldered to the board. Almost all of the leads move when I touch them. I will have that fixed, but that isn't going to happen quick enough. Like always I procrastinate and run into issues.