Author Topic: Importing Nutcracker produced and converted .lms file into LSP  (Read 2591 times)

Offline urthegman

Also, is there an easy way to change all of them from one format to the other?

Offline urthegman

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i cant really help. a year ago, lsp worked for me to try testing. now i would need to buy a license. since i don't use any other sequencer in my show except for xlights/nutcracker, i really dont want to have to buy licenses.

i know people are generating sequences and getting them in to lsp.

have you tried exporting out UserPatterns.xml?

to do this you need to
1) rename your current UserPatterns.xml or just copy it so you have the original.
2) generate effects in xlights and export to UserPatterns.xml.
3) Launch LSP
4) go to where you want the effect and paste. The UserPatterns.xml file was loaded into the oaste buffer when you launched lsp.

this means you cant just change a nutcracker effect, export a userpatterns.xml and paste over the old file. All of that will work but the paste buffer will NOT be loaded. you need to exit and go back into LSP to reload the new UserPatterns.xml.

How many people are using the UserPatterns.xml export process?

thanks
sean
I'm exporting all 3+ minutes of effects, wish me luck!!!!!!

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Hi; Danj (from another forum), gave me this post

"UR—I am newbie at xlights/nutcracker.  Here’s how I have been exporting nutcracker files into LOR.  I had already setup all six of my arches “light by light” (360 total, six-60 pixel arches) in LOR so I could see them in visualizer.  I did not “need” the channel assignments provided automatically by xlights/nutcracker, so I am doing this the “clunky” way shown below.  Clunky but effective so far on three different sequences!  I am sure there are more efficient ways to do this, but this has worked for me so far.
1)   Develop your desired nutcracker RGB effects and save the file.
2)   Click the “export” box.
3)   In the dropdown, choose “LOR. *.lms or *.las”.  I have been saving with “dummy” file names here, for example “MS God Rest Ye Export”.
4)   Go over to LOR and open the file you just saved.  Select the rows for the RGB effects you want to add to your existing LOR sequence file and copy the rows in their entirety.
5)   Open up the LOR sequence file into which you want to add your new nutcracker RGB effects.
6)   Select the rows into which you want to add your nutcracker RGB effects and paste.
7)   Play your sequence file & watch in animator or visualizer to verify that it is doing what you expected, then save the file.  I am adding three arches of info at a time and it is taking about 30 to 45 seconds to save the new LOR files.  It might be a good idea to rename the file from the original file name just to make sure you don’t lose your original work in case LOR or you PC does something flaky
I hope this helps!!.   Danj"

i also hope it helps
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

Thank you for passing this on to me, I will read it over in the morning when I have a clear mind.

Offline urthegman

Looks like I am going to have to go with the UserPatterns.xml route. Question, if I have a sequence in xlights already created, click on an effect and then click export, is it exporting, just that effect or the whole sequence? It runs for 10 minutes then just stops working.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looks like I am going to have to go with the UserPatterns.xml route. Question, if I have a sequence in xlights already created, click on an effect and then click export, is it exporting, just that effect or the whole sequence? It runs for 10 minutes then just stops working.

when you create a sequence, you can define it as 10 seconds or 3 minutes. when yu save an xlights sequence, it saves every channel you have defined in the setup tab.

in my case, i have 24 e1.31 universes. so when i save i am saving 12,288 channels times the length of my sequence.

a 3 minute song will produce a 900mbyte UserPatterns.xml file and take 10 minutes to make. if i save the exact same sequence as an xlights, conductor or pi player file it will be < 50mbytes in size and take < 1 minute to create/

the file format for LSP is not optimal for lrge channel count displays. i have had this discussion with david over 1 year ago, there has been no movement to create a smaller, tighter file.

you must use xml files for lsp, maybe next year they will add another file format.\\

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login