Author Topic: LED TV or plasma?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: LED TV or plasma?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, »
The Samsung has that built in and I had to use it once myself to reove a stock ticker image from the bottom of my screen but that really beats up on the display and if it gets really bad then even that doesn't work.  As you said, if you are using the TV for things that have a stationary image, then you need to keep an eye out for possible burn in and clear it early.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, »
Panasonic getting out of plasma business...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, »
I went with a Vizio Razor 50" 3D LED TV, yes there were a few better looking models out there but for the price point I got mine at ($750 minus a 2 hundred gift card) I have been very happy with it. Ultimately go out and look at all the TV's in your price range and pick the one you like best, that is the one you will be happiest with.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, »
I love my 3d tv, always buy the 3d blu-rays when they come out.  Good ones you forget you are watching 3d completely.  Life of Pi was amazing in 3d, Planes not so much.  Don't know how many times i have watched avatar in 3d..

Alan

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, »
Does your TV use the active or passive glasses?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, »
Since I suffer from diplopia, I need the active glasses, the passive polarized glasses don't do much for me, and my mothers LG I cannot watch in 3d at all, it just blurs together on hers.

I was one version back and got the line of site ir type, the year after they were all bluetooth.

Alan

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, »
I have a 55" LCD 3D with glasses. I had a 55" plasma, but I live around 5k feet and it leaked within a year. Plasma and high altitude do not mix. I love my LCD.

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline DonFL

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, »
Just upgraded to a Samsung 55 inch led smart tv a few weeks ago. The old tv was a 13 year old rear project, same screen size, so for me the upgrade was night and day.

As i was deciding what to get, it was led all the way, plasma really didn't get much consideration after reading reviews, etc. We were so happy with the first Samsung, we went and bought another one for another room.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4