Hardware > Lynx Aether

Cutting Aether for Wireless

(1/2) > >>

basis21b:
I am doing the work to prepare the light fixtures to accept Aether boards once I get them built.  What I need are recommendations on what I could use to make the cuts in the case to accommodate the EX/RX antenna.  The assembly video did not give any ideas and obviously I need to be spoon-fed.

tbone321:
I would use a hole saw to cut the antenna opening.  Size it slightly larger than the antenna and make sure to get one that cuts metal as well as wood.  I would wait on making this modification to the housing until after you build at least 1 Ather to make sure that you are putting the hole in the correct location.

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI am doing the work to prepare the light fixtures to accept Aether boards once I get them built.  What I need are recommendations on what I could use to make the cuts in the case to accommodate the EX/RX antenna.  The assembly video did not give any ideas and obviously I need to be spoon-fed.

--- End quote ---

The hole is made with a small 3/16"regular drill bit.  I will attach a drawing for reference.  All that stick through it is the RF modules antenna. The large pcb stays inside.

Look at my rough sketch.

RJ

tbone321:
If 3/4 is what is needed then I will probably try it with a 3/4 bi-metal hole saw since I have them and it will make it much faster for me.   

bisquit476:
You could also try using a dremel tool with a small whiz wheel (cutoff tool). Final fit can be done with a jewelers file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version