Author Topic: Pixel repair the easy way!  (Read 949 times)

Offline combustionmark

Pixel repair the easy way!
« on: December 10, 2013, »
Tired of those pesky old IP66 pixels failing? :-\
Have you upgraded to the new IP68 pixels, only to find the same old problems? :(
Even try out the newest WS2811 pixels, just to find they don't like to be outdoor? >:(

Every one thinks it is water infiltration, bad power, voltage drop, wrong pixel, strain on the wires, manufacture defect.  <wd..

I too have been repairing, replacing pixels. I have tried every trick to keep them working, every spray, every dip. They work for a little while, then they just quit. >:(

Then a light flashed (no not a pixel) <fp.

EVERY ONE IS WRONG!! <md..

The real problem is how the pixels are made, well one part that must be replaced before turning the blinky on. Even bad pixels will start to work ;D.

This is a simple fix, You must soak every pixel in this solution to make the repair the defective part. A few minutes will do, but a good overnight soak is best.

>.d9You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login <;d

That's right $18.95 for a gallon. This should fix about 2500 nodes. I have placed a second order, When word gets out this stuff will not last.

<pop.. <la.. <pop..
Have Fun!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Pixel repair the easy way!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, »
Mark You are spending to much time at the keyboard.  Take a break NOW!
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Sparky96

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, »
It's been a while since I was on that website. I'm saving up for one of those car subwoofers to show up all the kids around town.

DJ

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, »
Thanks for posting.  Never saw that.... 

Imagine if there was such a things a RGB Light Keeper Pro.  A few pulls of the trigger and all bad nodes are fixed!!!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, »
There is an LED Keeper and I have used it to isolate a bad bulbs on a standard LED strings.  It was invented by Dennis Cherry who you see on this forum.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, »
I have been using the regular is the electricity live no touch probe tester this year, and it works great.  Costs about $15.00 at home depot and runs right along the string beeping until the 120 drops off, and you know you are within 1 of the bad bulb.  Saved me a ton of time with a light up penguin that had burned out probably 12 bulbs inside the body..  Works way better than the $7.00 bulb testers i've bought many of!

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, »
I have a pile of dead half/ dead strings for you to go through. I missed the Home Depot trade in deal this year . 
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline winwin

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, »
I have been using the regular is the electricity live no touch probe tester this year, and it works great.  Costs about $15.00 at home depot and runs right along the string beeping until the 120 drops off, and you know you are within 1 of the bad bulb.  Saved me a ton of time with a light up penguin that had burned out probably 12 bulbs inside the body..  Works way better than the $7.00 bulb testers i've bought many of!
is it what you are talking about?
AL.

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, »
Yep I got the yellow one, don't think it had klien on it.  I'd get whichever has the better warranty!