Author Topic: Global warming my A$$  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Global warming my A$$
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, »
Think how fortunate you are being in cold-weather... 

I've been working on chores outside.  You can build kits.  I've been on the ladder changing outdoor light bulbs to LED bulbs to save power.  You can drive your RGBs to create new and exciting effects.  The kids are waiting for me to fix their bike tires.  You can sequence songs -- you have nothing else to do.

<yk..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, »
unless you play for the Oilers, what other reason is there to be in Edmonton?  :P
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

sjb

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
unless you play for the Oilers, what other reason is there to be in Edmonton?  :P

Glad to hear from you Chris, I was beginning to feel left out. Besides the Oilers we have a great city that has an economy that is booming and has been the cheapest area in the country for gas. We also get to see all seasons (although I am not a fan of this one), we have an amazing show almost nightly of the aurora borealis

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, »
It is cold today 76 degrees in California. 46 degrees tonight. At least for California.
Global warming good way to control people.

What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, »
Today's highs were in the 20's and it was snowing this morining.  Tomorrow it will be 56.  Normal New England weather - if you don't like it, wait a minute.  It'll change.
/mike

Offline Pat

• I need more lights
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, »

Glad to hear from you Chris, I was beginning to feel left out. Besides the Oilers we have a great city that has an economy that is booming and has been the cheapest area in the country for gas. We also get to see all seasons (although I am not a fan of this one), we have an amazing show almost nightly of the aurora borealis

Edmonton is great!  Big big mall, lots of box stores, a great hospital with awesome staff and I used to say they have IKEA, but we got IKEA now too!!  As for gas, really?!?! it went up over night here by .06 cents a ltr. to $1.10  how crazy is that!!!  The best thing about summer is getting on my motorcycle and getting my money's worth out of the gas!  <fp.
Winnipeg, Mb

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, »
Cannot please everyone all the time, there is always someone somewhere that's not happy. Today is really nice here is TEXAS.

Not asking to be pleased, I am happily married and I know what that means. (JUST KIDDING) <fp. ;D

To put it in perspective we are 6 degrees celcius warmer than the north pole today and the exact same temperature as the south pole and this is without the windchill, if we were to include the windchill, we are colder than the north pole. So I can tell you that we personally know how Santa feels.

I hope you were not offended, I hope is at least gets back to normal for you and soon. Here is in Texas is a been a warmer than normal winter.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

sjb

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, »
Cannot please everyone all the time, there is always someone somewhere that's not happy. Today is really nice here is TEXAS.

Not asking to be pleased, I am happily married and I know what that means. (JUST KIDDING) <fp. ;D

To put it in perspective we are 6 degrees celcius warmer than the north pole today and the exact same temperature as the south pole and this is without the windchill, if we were to include the windchill, we are colder than the north pole. So I can tell you that we personally know how Santa feels.

I hope you were not offended, I hope is at least gets back to normal for you and soon. Here is in Texas is a been a warmer than normal winter.

Not offended at all Scott. I always look at the positive side. We will be back to normal over the weekend and when the east coast of North America was getting hit with the storms a few months ago we had great weather. So it is just our turn.

Pat gas here is 96.7 / liter (which works out to be about $3.66 per gallon for our American friends)

Steve

sjb

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, »
Heard on the news tonight that it was so cold today that they actually saw a teenager walking down the street with their pants pulled up.

Nearly crapped myself when they said this as I never heard that line before.

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, »
I can honestly say, I have felt your pain!  I lived in North Dakota (Minot, about 30 miles or so from Canada) for 11 years (stationed in the USAF).

They always told us "Why not Minot?  Freezin's the Reason".

When I got there in August of 94 the temperature was 101* F  (38* C) and I thought "Somebody lied to me... they just want to keep this place hidden".  8)

That winter the wind chills hit -101* F  (-74* C). <yk..
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline Pat

• I need more lights
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, »
I have no problem with the cold or the snow, well as long as it all happens after xmas, we've been lucky lately and i can get out and put the lights up when its half decent and not get the weirdo looks.  I remember a couple years back riding my bike well into the end of November, now that was crazy.   Lol love the comment about the kids pulling their pants up.  I had to take a double look when i saw my own kids with their jackets actually zipped up. 
Winnipeg, Mb

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, »
I had to mow here in Jacksonville this week. 8) The maples, dogwoods and azaleas are blooming. My banana plants did not freeze back. We are about six weeks early and are bound to have a good freeze to kill back all the tinder growth.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"