Author Topic: Addicted to lights or what  (Read 2540 times)

Offline CB

Re: Addicted to lights or what
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, »
I had the perfect response this weekend when asked how long my Christmas animation fixation would last.  Lucky for me she asked in the middle of me cleaning the garden pond for the spring.  To paint the picture, I was wearing my waders standing in water chest deep about 4'6" deep, scooping up koi and transplanting them to the temporary holding tank.  Then the question came...
I replied with you know I will stop buying stuff right now if you get your butt in here and clean this pond.  See she is 4'10" tall, so she would need a snorkel and mask.  Beyond that she said OK I guess if you have to suffer with this pond 7 months out of the year I am fine with you cramming Christmas stuff into the basement, garage and shed.
So after that exchanged I realized I didn't have any Christmas stuff in the shed, therefore, on large order from CDI was placed today.  I figure if you are gonna blame me for storing stuff there, I better get to storing stuff in there.

Ah, yet another win for me!  Those of you that are serving a life sentence, I mean are happily married can understand how few and far between those little wins come.

I am fairly certain once I get too old for this I will need some sort of methadone clinic for Christmas.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, »
small win?  you hit the jackpot!

as far as the methadone clinic for blinky, they sit you in a room, and you watch "it's a wonderful life" over and over again.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, »
My kids are trying to figure out how they will get rid of the stuff after I kick the bucket.  As I look at my BD coming up this month I also wonder how long I am going to be climbing up on the roof to put up lights?   But then 4 years ago I couldn't even climb up a flight of stairs and after getting a couple of titanium knees I am doing all kinds of stuff again.  Better living thru science..........

And better light due to RJ.   YAY
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, »
I thought for the meth clinic for blinky you had to watch "Deck the Halls" and "Christmas Family Vacation" over and over.  BTW, more lights in "Deck the Halls"  :)

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline CB

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, »
All I can hope is that they add in "A Christmas Story" in between all the others so I can at least run around saying "You'll shoot your eye out kid".  That will be the day I trade in the  extension ladder, rented lift and rolls of electrical tape for a candy cane striped straight jacket.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, »
welp its nappy time. 4 more hours playing with the lights..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.