Author Topic: addiction  (Read 1183 times)

Offline grumpy2076

addiction
« on: February 12, 2012, »
well after many hours of soldering & building im only in the beging stages, and of course my wife says im addicted. :o  i say no addition is for peaple who stay up all night soldering, and building, and desinging, and planing, oh wait that sounds like me, mmm is there a chrismass light anonymous program that i can join i think in addicted and need sever help in controlling my addiction >.d9 >.d9 Oh wait i need time to finish planing and desing and wow i  need help!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: addiction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, »
Sounds about normal for this group

Good luck

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rimist

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, »
The majority of us admit we are addicted, but I don't think anyone actually is looking to do anything other than feed their addiction :D

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

sjb

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, »
I am not addicted, I can stop anytime I want....

When's the next coop? <fp.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, »
It's totally normal.  Put it this way, this addition / hobby is a pretty positive thing.  A lot of people get a lot of enjoyment out of these shows.  They are also a great outlet for the OCD person or person who just needs to stay busy. 

I'm also coaching volleyball, 2 teams ... and assisting a third.  Serving on a board and working a fulltime job.  Again, I like being busy ... this addition is a healthy one, but does hit the bank account.

I tell my wife that this is a lot cheaper than counseling, drugs or alcohol ... and for me, its good to have something you can really get immersed in, take pride in ... and challenge yourself with all year.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, »
i'm not addicted....   i dont care what step 1 is!
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline LightUpMA

addiction
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, »
I agree! Im not addicted .... I can stop anytime I want right after the next project. Or coop. Or both.

Offline rimist

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, »
I'll stop the second Tuesday of next week!

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline Mimir

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, »
I think you came to the wrong place if you were seeking help with stopping  <yk.. None of us think we are addicted.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, »
i mean...

i'll stop when that first shovel of dirt hits my casket.   lol
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, »
It's totally normal.  Put it this way, this addition / hobby is a pretty positive thing.  A lot of people get a lot of enjoyment out of these shows.  They are also a great outlet for the OCD person or person who just needs to stay busy. 

I'm also coaching volleyball, 2 teams ... and assisting a third.  Serving on a board and working a fulltime job.  Again, I like being busy ... this addition is a healthy one, but does hit the bank account.

I tell my wife that this is a lot cheaper than counseling, drugs or alcohol ... and for me, its good to have something you can really get immersed in, take pride in ... and challenge yourself with all year.
Well said! Agree 100%

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, »
Like Chris said: I'll stop when they pry my cold dead fingers off the solder iron!  >:D <fp.