Author Topic: Academy thanks  (Read 1970 times)

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Academy thanks
« on: June 17, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

Thanks to RJ and all the others from here and other sites, especially the Texas crew, for all the work to put on this year's Academy.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: Academy thanks
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, »
I second that!  The crew from LSH were outstanding!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, »
I third it.  Great presentations and facility.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, »
I also was very impressed with the LSH crew. I am on the board of the Highlands Ranch Community Board. We put on a 3 day music festival once a year. We also start 8 months early. Until I had done it, i just didnt realize how many parts have to get straight.

The only nit for me was the internet WiFi that failed some days. I came prepared and had installed Nutcracker on my laptop. No big deal.

thanks again to all who made it happen

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tmcteer

Academy thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, »
Thanks to all the LSH members and all their hard work.  And for RJ and his family and crew for putting on outstanding and informative sessions.   Now it's back to California and start working on my new show pieces. 

Tom

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, »
The Texas LSH/DLA crew enjoyed hosting everyone.  A big thank you to all who came and especially the presentets who put a lot of preperation into their classes.  A huge thank you to RJ and his family.  It looked like they were moving in with all the stuff they brought.

It was a great Academy for me personally.  Great to meet so many people I've known online for so long.

Ron

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, »
Last year's academy was great, but the addition of DLA made it so much better!!  Thanks for joining us in Conroe.  I spent all of my time in DIY-related sessions.  Next year I'm gonna need to spend some time with the Halloween guy and learn from them too.

It was great meeting all of you.  Come back soon!

Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, »
Steve,

I mixed it up with the Halloween crowd.  They were great!  Now inspired to do a bigger crank ghost and something with pneumatics.  Boy will the wife be excited to hear me playing with new toys! LOL

They had some very impressive toys (for those not there...there was a full sized coffin that had a pop-up lid and a lady that sprang up via pnuematics.  There was a huge man in an electric chair that was run via an industrial drill. There was a crank ghost floating around.  There were animatronic tri-axis skulls.  There was even a class on gore effects and makeup.  Really neat stuff)

You need to check it all out next time!

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, »
Whew, just got in from the academy. What a great event! Now I know how I can contribute more next year.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and participated...and what a great facility. I don't think we could ask for anything better.

Great job LSH!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, »
Awesome event for sure. It was great to meet so many of you in person, which is the true benefit to these types of events.

Thanks RJ and Ryan. You are both class acts, and pulled off a first class event.

If at all possible, I will be at 2013's event.
I have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do you?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek
~ Christmas is not a time, it's a state of mind ~

Offline ms5435

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, »
For those the could not attend the Academy this year, sorry but you missed out!  Never fear, there is another one coming....next year!  As a new member to this hobby I learned so much!  There was so much info being presented and with multiple classes going on at once, I know I missed out!  The soldering lab was helpful on multiple levels:  got to meet other members, practice soldering, got help with Pickit3 programming, learned you can read and write HEX files, got help from the man, RJ.  For those that did not make it...hopefully you can get to it in the future!  Thanks to the LSH crew for a GREAT job!

Offline Greg Young

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Awesome event for sure. It was great to meet so many of you in person, which is the true benefit to these types of events.

Thanks RJ and Ryan. You are both class acts, and pulled off a first class event.

If at all possible, I will be at 2013's event.

Oh yeah....
It was great seeing a lot of old friends, and making new ones, at the Academy this year.
Thanks to DIYLA, LSH, and the Halloween group that put this all together.
Attendees got waaay more than their money's worth!
Greg
Greg