Author Topic: Address programming  (Read 915 times)

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
Address programming
« on: September 13, 2012, »
Hey folks I just got in some holiday coro's dmx controllers and seem to be having an issue with programming them with their software.  Anyone else having this issue?

They are working just fine otherwise though.  I just can't program their address.  Does anyone know of any other way to program them using their dongle?  Software or otherwise?  Just trying to get my Halloween display finished so I can finish sequencing / testing.

Dean

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Address programming
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, »
I've done it many times before.

by "dongle" you are talking about the special USB programming cable... right?

You should first check that you have the required COM driver... FTDI, version 2.8.14.0 (or later)

This page has information about the process, with video tutorials:

Key things to remember... only have one DMX controller connected at a time to avoid changing the address for ALL controllers, you may need 12v power applied to the controller for the program activity to work (unsure at the moment...), you can read the current channel setting to first test connectivity.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, »
Yup everything is good.  I have 3 I purchased prior and no problems.  I can program them all day long. 

I've opened up one from the new batch and old and the boards are different revisions so I was thinking It's a software thing.  I am going to double check the board revision on my flood I bought from him as it contained the newer RGB modules too. 

And yes to the dongle.  I'm trying to find another way to program them with his dongle since I spent the money on it and other software.

I did order yet another module so I can see if that one works in regards to being able to program it.  If I can I will check its board revision to confirm or deny the other 6 being bad some how.  Getting down to the wire here for my Halloween display though.  Time is short.  :(

Thanks for your response!

-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

Offline Richard

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, »
I was planning on buying several more of the DMX controllers from David at holiday coro.  When I went to the website to get the DMX controllers, they were listed as backordered.  Read the product features Notice just below the two videos.  Apparently there has been a software change that David was not made aware of ahead of time.  You should contact Holiday coro directly to try and work something out with David.

Hope all works out for you,
Rich

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, »
Yes...  David and I have been in constant contact about this.  My hunch was right being a software issue.  Sunday he confirmed it with me.  So you can blame me for the back order stays.  :) at least I found it before everyone else had to deal with this problem like me.

Hope they get a fix in time for my Halloween display!!!!  :)

-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: