Author Topic: LOR S2 sequnce input  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
LOR S2 sequnce input
« on: February 05, 2010, »
Another Noobi question?

I can get the LOR S2 sequence to input and play in Vixen.

How ever, the way LOR S2 keeps track of the channel order is a problem.

Seems LOR S2 knows how to put the channels in the correct order, but Vixen does not.

I get all the channels but they are mixed up and takes a lot of time to put back in order in Vixen (112 Channels).

All my channel names begin with a sequential number, that way if I move them temporarily, it is easy to put then back in order.  Had to do this to keep one configuration file as I make many updates of channel assignments after wiring the display for that year. It makes it easy to update the other sequences once one  song channels assignment are correct.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: LOR S2 sequnce input
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, »
I  believe you can open up the vixen file .vix in a text editor and change the order

Of course only try this on a copy in case something bad happens

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, »
OK will take a look at that.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, by Dennis Cherry »

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, »
I wouldn't recommend changing the order via a text editor, especially if you have something like adjustable preview and/or a profile attached.

The best and most appropriate way to do this is to use the Define new order option on the Channel order drop down that is located just above the script editing area.  When you select this, you get a rudimentary dialog that allows you to reorder.  While it's not the best functionality, it works.  A tip that I learned on this dialog is that you can double click at any place in the order (you will see a bar line when selected) and then a Ctrl + Click will move the selected channel to that location.  It is a lot faster than trying to drag and drop achannel from the bottom of the list to the top :) trust me I know.

Once you have the order the way you like it, make sure you click the save the current channel order to the right of that drop down.  give it a name. 

You can create multiple channel orders.  It's nice if you want to work with just a particle color or a particle feature of you display, etc.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, »
I will check that option out on the double click.

One other question, would I have to do this to all my LOR sequences I want to import for this year?

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, »
Another option that might help

1)  make  a profile in vixen the channels were you want them
                                         2) open lor2 sequence in vixen and then go to profile and attach your vixen  profile to sequence                                                                                             

This is what i did after converting Lor2 sequence my channel order was messed up to after converting this worked for me
Jeff