Author Topic: ********Closed 3rd Lynx Express Coop********  (Read 46161 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: ********OPEN 3rd Lynx Express Coop********
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Put me down for 1 of kit #1. I could do up to 8 if the prices drop more. If anyone could let me know the proposed price for the kits at the current number (part prices for around 150 kits vs the original price for 75 kits).. As long as the price stays around $55 bucks or less for each kit 1, then that will be in the range of what I have in my freestyles, and I'd be willing to make the switch.

Thanks -Mike

I can not tell you exactly what the price will be but it will not be that cheap for a complete kit with pcb and heatsink (kit #1).

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline thedudedrummer

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2009, »
Fair enough... but its definitely worth the price difference for the expresses capabilities. Lemme work some things out and see just how many I can swing. Count me for one still (kit #1). Thanks

Offline thedudedrummer

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2009, »
Well, I just sold my freestyle and ssr's so now I'm sitting pretty. Put me down for 7 kit 1's and if the price gets down to ~$65 a kit we can make it an even 8 kits. Thanks

Offline IronRuss

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2009, »
RJ

Please put me down for: 3 Kit #1

Thank you!
Russ

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2009, »
Put me in for (6) kit #1.  I may have to cancel this but that is not likely, due to economy.  Just wanted to reserve my space.
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2009, »
PLease add 2 more to mine making it 8

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2009, »
RJ,

Please put me down for 6 kit #1s.

Thanks,
Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline memphislights

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2009, »
Sorry, post removed by me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, by memphislights »
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2009, »
The last combined LE (COOP 1 and 2) coop prices came in at $61/unit + shipping, and I believe we are past the number of units, so I would budget with the 61 +/- in mind.

Folks ... Please leave the pricing of coops to the managers. There are many cost involved that you are not aware of. Things like extra parts that were left over that were reused. The cost of static foam ($25 for a little sheet) ECT. The only person that should put any prices for people to consider in a coop is the manager running it.

I have had to post this on almost every coop we have run. If you are not running the coop leave the prices to those that are.

This is for a reason. I am the one that has had to deal with a couple people who were upset when that got the pm for the cost of a coop and it was not what they thought because a member posted what they though it was going to be in the coop and the person thought that was the price.

Please post what you want from the coop here that should be all that is in here.

Thank You

RJ

Offline itchybulbs

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2009, »
I would like 2 of kit 1
Please!

Thanks Russ
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, by itchybulbs »

Offline okie

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2009, »
Itchy... you are aware that kit #1 includes heatsinks, right?

Offline Made2Rock

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2009, »
Could you put me down for 4 of the #1 kits.

Play time coming up  ;D
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll

Offline itchybulbs

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2009, »
In my exuberance my stupidity I did not notice that the heat sinks was included.  Please adjust my order for just 2 number 1s please! >:D

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2009, »
RJ-

I have been debating whether or not to order a couple more before the deadline - is there any way we can get a ballpark figure for the kit#1?  I am trying to budget based on the additional parts needed (case, cords, etc.). 

Thanks!

I know it would be nice to have a running cost but not very practical for a number of reasons.

1 - it would require me to have mouser rep quote the parts every time we want an update. They are a company not setup to deal with small groups so well and are use to a bid going in and then that being it. If I bug them that much they will not want to work with us as much at the end. 

2- It would consume a lot of my time. I know this seems a small thing but most of you would be shocked at the amount of time that running the forum and designing stuff and answering all the many PM's I get ( average maybe 20 a day or more) reply to post ect. ect ect. Working up deals on heatsinks with companies, get pcb's designed and order for coops, Ect And I have a full family with three kids and an often fourteen hour a day job.

3 - The reason I can not look at the number and see it is over what Bill and Keith had is for two reasons.

Bill have some supplys from prevous coops, He got mouser to up many parts to the next level of parts which I can not be sure they will do for me, I hope they will, They messed up on his shipping and gave him like over half of the shipping for free. (not likely going to happen to me.) So there are many things took that coop setup at $67 and dropped it to $61. And remember it dropped at the end when he did his pricing at the end of the coop.

I hope to come in at least as cheap but we have to wait to see I can not afford to price it low and eat the difference any more on stuff  I feel I have to make sure to break even. So I guess if $2 one way makes a difference enough to make you decide to buy more or less I would say order less. The problem will be people order more then drop some after the quotes or the person ordering a bunch and dropping out as the prices are driven by the amount so it would drive the numbers up and make us requote everything.

As I said it should be far less than $67 and most likely no less than $61 as bill got most prices based on the next higher break which were very high parts count that we will never hit even at 400 units.

RJ

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2009, »
Please put me in for

2 Kit #1
2 Kit #2

Thanks RJ!!

Kyle   ;D ;D