Forum Info > Getting started with Light Animation

I won this, is it good for anything?

<< < (2/2)

tbone321:
Make sure that you use the correct tools to format and copy the OS image to the SD card.  The built in windows tools don't work well for this.  Also make sure that you are using the correct version of whatever version of Linux you are using.  Unlike the versions for a PC that can determine the processor and set up for it, the ones for the PI are series specific to the processor it is using.  You need to make sure that the OS you loaded is for the PI 2 and not the standard PI.   They have different processors and the one for the original PI will not run on the PI 2.

Jeffl:
An education.  And many other things.  It looks like you are getting some of the first so that's a great start.  The rest will come.

I can't wait to see the how to videos.  ;D

lrhorer:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe PI 2 is a fairly powerful little computer.  It's only real downfall is that it doesn't have a SATA interface but other than that
--- End quote ---
I know this is over a year old, but I just came across it.  There are lots of add-on boards for the Raspberry Pi. including this one that provides a SATA port:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It also provides WiFi (redundant with the Pi 3, except it boasts an external antenna for greater reach), SPDIF, Audio inputs, an IR interface, a Real time Clock, Bluetooth, 3 additional USB ports, and flexible power inputs (6 - 21V) on a coaxial connector.

tbone321:
Sure, there are boards for the PI that do many things now that didn't exist back when this was written such as this board so what exactly is your point? 

jnealand:
And you are responding to a year old post.  LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version