Author Topic: First sequence  (Read 1428 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: First sequence
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, »
I also have UPSs on my flat screen TV and on my wife's embroidery machine.  As well as all the desktops.  I don't bother with the laptops since even with an old battery I can still get enough minutes of standby unless we have a really bad outage.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, »
I was thinking about that but my flat screen is a Plasma and it may pull a little too much power for the UPS that is there and 1 abut a minute the generator kicks in anyway and I can do without it for a minute or so.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline drlucas

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, »
.....see, I figured living about 3 miles away from a nuclear plant (and a second one about 50 miles from that) that I'd NEVER have a requirement for a UPS, however, I suppose it's all about the last mile. Wind and thunder storms are really the only conditions that knock out power here, other wise it's pretty reliable.

Anyways....2 hours later and I've got one of my sequences (amazing grace) really cleaned up in HLS and added my aethers in. I think its safe to say the DMX channels are done (only have 66 of them)....now I can move onto nutcracker
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline ghethco

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, »
Really impressive Ryan.  Great to see it has all come together.

Gary

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, »
I noticed that your FM sign turned off at the beginning of the song, and turned back on at the end.

I think I know why you did it (so it doesn't distract from the show), but realistically, most visitors will be out for a drive and will happen to stumble upon your light display. If they drive up during the song, they won't know to tune in. I have my FM sign right at the curb, and I have "proof" (don't want to explain here) that people don't see it and just drive by a house with weird flashing lights not knowing there's music to to along with it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, by Gary »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, »
That was exactly my thinking!!

My new approach will be to keep sign  at 50% during the song and ramping up at the end.

I also will put out two speakers and on Friday/Saturday nights turn on the stereo (hope it doesn't bother many people - shouldn't as it's sitting around 25 degrees these days so people typically have their windows closed and when they walk by the house the go real fast.

Thank you for the comment!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I noticed that your FM sign turned off at the beginning of the song, and turned back on at the end.

I think I know why you did it (so it doesn't distract from the show), but realistically, most visitors will be out for a drive and will happen to stumble upon your light display. If they drive up during the song, they won't know to turn in. I have my FM sign right at the curb, and I have "proof" (don't want to explain here) that people don't see it and just drive by a house with weird flashing lights not knowing there's music to to along with it.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -