Author Topic: Pic Help  (Read 2113 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: Pic Help
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, »
At least I am not the only one who thinks the pickit 3 program should recognize the pic.  One of my pet peeves is having to scroll and find it, every time...   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
At least I am not the only one who thinks the pickit 3 program should recognize the pic.  One of my pet peeves is having to scroll and find it, every time...   

+1
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, »
or at least give me the ability to remove all the items in the list except what I work with...
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So you now work for microchip?

Still the program is Beta and it doesn't fully work. Its been in beta for a while now and it sure would be nice if they updated the program. Microchip lists both devices as a debugger

I never said that I "tink" what the pickit3 was an advanced pickit2.

Rick R.

No, I don't work for MicroChip but I do know how to read and when the Pickit-3 came out and people were complaining about how much harder it seemed to be to use than the Pickit-2, I did some research on it. 

Attacking me on a typo is a bit childish, don't ya think.  I was not attacking you or really even directing that comment toward just you.  Because the Pickit-3 looks so much like the Pickit-2, many may think that it's just an upgrade of it and MicroChip says that it isn't.  It is a whole new device. 

As for the program still being in beta, while true, that may have nothing to do with the Pickit-3 not identifying the PIC it is connected to.  It could simply be that the design of these newer advanced PIC's that this unit was designed to work with don't have a consistant method of identification.  Since this would prevent the Pickit-3 from identifying the PIC's in this family of chips or probably the newer ones yet to come, why bother to add the feature at all, especially for PIC's that are approaching their end of life.

I agree with Chris that it would be a good idea to limit the list to the PIC's that you are working with but since this is just a low level utility and not MPLAB, they probably didn't think of it or think that it was worth the time to include.  Perhaps if we email them and request that feature, they may include it in a future release of the utility, especially if the work needed to add it is not cost prohibitive.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, by tbone321 »
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving