Store > Sale/Trade

Fm Transmitter

(1/3) > >>

Trevor:
Im looking for a Fm Transmitter that is FCC approved. Have been doing research online and found a few that look like they may work. However, I want the forums opinion on the best one to use. I perfer a USB unit however, not required.

Thanks  ;D

bisquit476:
I use the EDM, awesome clarity, good range with the supplied antenna.

Trevor:
Ok Thank you will def be checking that out.  ;D

dmaccole:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIm looking for a Fm Transmitter that is FCC approved. ... I perfer a USB unit however, not required.
--- End quote ---

Hmm. Most of us here have been purchasing devices designed overseas that are not FCC approved (not meaning they're necessarily illegal, just that the makers didn't want to bear the cost of getting the device approved).

The EDM, for example, is not FCC approved. Great transmitter by all accounts, one that doesn't exceed FCC regulations, just not approved (this device was designed in South Africa, for example).

I think you can figure on an added $10-$25 to the retail price of a device for the FCC approval.

As far as I can tell, there is only one USB/FCC FM transmitter, the UX300 from CanaKit. There are some US retailers who sell it with an FCC approval number, while there are others that sell it without; those that sell it with the number are charging $10 more than those who do not. CanaKit clearly states on its web site that it is approved only for Canada.

I have purchased other CanaKit products and found them just fine and the specs for the UX300 look good, but I have no personal knowledge of this particular device.

\dmc

Trevor:
Well I think I may just go with the EDM that was mentioned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version