Store > Sale/Trade

Fm Transmitter

<< < (3/3)

tbone321:
The transmitting range and need for it is relative to the size and locatin of the property and the location of the transmitter.  I would bet that 1600 foot range is a maximum under ideal conditions.  Perhaps in your area the average property width is 50 feet wide but in mine it is at least 3 times that or more.  Some of the houses on my street also sit more than 250 feet back from the road so if your FCC approved transmitter were attached to one of those houses, you would not be able to receive the transmission even if you were parked directly in front of the house which kinda makes it useless.  If you are in a urban area with many properties close together then I woudl agree that 1600 feet might be a bit much but in my area that would be just about what is needed.  

kj77rn:
I used the V6000 from Mobileblack Box last year and had no problems broadcasting from my shed in the backyard to the street out front and down 2-3 houses with the supplied antenna.  It appears the one mentioned is the next step up.  For what it is worth.

lineman:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  This is exactly what I have and I live in a development with houses on Min. 1 acre this device does transmit  about 1  country block or so in any direction with that said I called the Manufacture about the transmitting strength and they suggested a different walwart and the range diminished to about 500 to 700 ft. I like the output it is truley stereo and clear very nice sound

Jeffl:
Range can be a problem even with the EDM and Ramsey.  If you use the antenna that comes with the units your lucky to get 50'.  With my outside antenna on the lowest setting I can get an easy three blocks or more.

dmaccole:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginSome of the houses on my street also sit more than 250 feet back from the road so if your FCC approved transmitter were attached to one of those houses, you would not be able to receive the transmission even if you were parked directly in front of the house which kinda makes it useless.
--- End quote ---

Useless, perhaps, but legal. I had cited the amount of space on a typical (albeit urban) lot to indicate to the OP that 250 feet isn't very far. If you have a situation where your house is farther than 250 feet from the road, I would suggest that you move the transmitter and antenna closer to the road rather than break the law.

But that's just me.

\dmc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version