Hardware > Lynx Aeon

problem with my clock

(1/4) > >>

steve_hirst:
OK, let me start out by saying that I have built several boards in the past year. I built enough Renard boards last year for over 600 channels (didn't use them all but they all tested well and I used over 300 channels.) I built the clock, tested with the pic, reflashed the pic on the board, reflashed the pic in my j1sys board with my pickit 3 using both the stand alone program and mplab. I have rechecked the leds to make sure that they are in right. rechecked the chips to make sure I didn't fold a pin or put them in backwards. I have retouched all of my solder joints, looked for bridges, checked the switches, checked the resistors for the correct ohms. I'm at a loss, I followed the manual and the only thing that I did different was, I didn't use the sockets on the two smaller chips( because I didn't see them on the back of the foam, my mistake) I also checked that I had the correct voltage coming from the voltage regulators.

So what am I missing? this should be a very simple board after some of the others that I have done and its throwing me for a loop. I have no leds lit after plugging it in and pushing select.

EDIT: looking at the red leds it looks like the anvil is backwards. can anyone look at theres and tell me if I'm right. this is from the most recent coop.

RJ:
Well it sometimes are the easiest ones we get nailed on. I think we put down our guard and they get us. 

We can help getting you going it will be a simple issue normally.

A couple of things is can you post a clear close up of both front and back of the pcb. This is normally the best starting point for us to help. One thought  I have is it is to miss the tiny pin on the push buttons and install them backwards and you will get nothing as I remember one user doing once.

We can move on from there to get it going. 

RJ

steve_hirst:
here's a few pics

tonyv2842:
In the first picture above it looks like the 100 uf cap below and to the left of the L7805 regulator may be in backwards.  Can you confirm?  If in fact this is the case, it probably has been damaged and you may need to replace it with a new one.

steve_hirst:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIn the first picture above it looks like the 100 uf cap below and to the left of the L7805 regulator may be in backwards.  Can you confirm?  If in fact this is the case, it probably has been damaged and you may need to replace it with a new one.

--- End quote ---
nope, if you look at RJ's layout, its correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version