Author Topic: Smart String Utility Grouping Problem  (Read 1184 times)

Offline travailen

Smart String Utility Grouping Problem
« on: December 03, 2012, »
I am using the Ver1 and Ver2 SSCs modified to Ver3. I am using the Mod 3 firmware. I am using the Smart String Utility that has the grouping feature. I think that is the latest one.
I have discovered that programming an SSC set for backwards and grouping of 1 works OK. However, with the direction set for backwards, the SSC will not function properly if the grouping is set for 11 or 12. That is the only numbers I have tried as I am trying to get my show running.
Essentially, grouping does not seem to work in the backwards direction.

Rick S

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Smart String Utility Grouping Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, »
I have two strips forward and two strips backwards, but didn't do grouping on either. I may test if I get a chance.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, »
I'm doing groups of 15 on my arches tonight, I'll report how it works.  Going forward only.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline travailen

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, »
I am using grouping on my candycanes. Everything works fine in the forward mode. I also use the backwards mode with 1 in the grouping number with no problem. The problem is when I did a grouping of 11 or 12 in the backwards mode.

Rick S

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, »
My groups of 15 (forward) on the 120 node SS flex strips work great !!  Turns them into an 9 channel arch ... which is very compatible with most legacy arch sequencing I have.  I do have to type in the 15, since you can't pick it from the drop down ... but it works great.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Re: Smart String Utility Grouping Problem
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, »
I am using grouping on my candycanes. Everything works fine in the forward mode. I also use the backwards mode with 1 in the grouping number with no problem. The problem is when I did a grouping of 11 or 12 in the backwards mode.

Rick S

How are your "multiples"?

I mean, in reverse, is your number of pixels evenly divisible by your group value? It must be or you'll get weirdness.

Forward isn't picky.
Backwards will be.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2