Author Topic: Vixen timing marks for Nutracker  (Read 1732 times)

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
Vixen timing marks for Nutracker
« on: February 05, 2014, »
I've used Vixen 2.1 the last 4 years to sequence my non-RGB show.  I have many songs that I've spent alot of time on getting the exact timing to look good within Vixen. 

Is there anyway to export timing marks of existing .vix file in order to use within Nutcracker?  Similiar to the way you can get timing marks from Audacity to be used for Nutcracker.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Re: Vixen timing marks for Nutracker
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, »
Not yet! I think they are heading this way. I use Vixin2.1 and NC and had no problems.  I used the audacity timing like you mentioned and just added my Nutcracker to my Vixen sequences. They seem to be right on.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, »
I've used Vixen 2.1 the last 4 years to sequence my non-RGB show.  I have many songs that I've spent alot of time on getting the exact timing to look good within Vixen. 

Is there anyway to export timing marks of existing .vix file in order to use within Nutcracker?  Similiar to the way you can get timing marks from Audacity to be used for Nutcracker.
the vix file stores all data in one big buffer. how would we detect timing marks. if you had a track that you put values indiciting timing we could look through that and set timing. do you have a dedicated track in your vixen sequence that was the timing track?
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, »
Sean, I build a beat track.  After I am done sequencing with it I convert it to my Tune To Sign as always on. It is not a huge deal, since I am re sequencing everything this year in Xlights/nutcracker. It urns out that when I use Audacty timings with my older sequences to add new effects they pretty much match up anyway.

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, »
I don't have a dedicated beat track so I guess it wouldn't be possible.  I was just originally asking to see if there was a way I just didn't know about.  The audacity timing marks work great.