Author Topic: WANTED::: LE kits  (Read 2241 times)

Offline lightguy

WANTED::: LE kits
« on: January 16, 2011, »
I am a newbie here and missed the LE kit coop closing so quickly and wondered given the huge demand for the Lynx Smart String controllers and hubs whether anyone who ordered LE kits may have some spares now? I am looking for three please. Thanks, Gordon
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, by lightguy »

Offline kpurcell

Re: WANTED::: LE kits
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, »
I second that!

Is there general idea about which products are in the most demand and have a chance at other coops this year. Kinda sucks to just join DLA and feel already left out for the next season.

Ken

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, »
There will be more co-ops ... keep calm, cool and collected ... repeat to yourself, "There will be more co-ops."

\dmc

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, »
Like dmaccole said, there will be more coops. Last year, i think there were at least 5 that I can remember, and i think there were more then that. There will probably be another one next month or at the very least, another in March. Don't worry about it, there will be plenty of opportunities to get your hands on some LEs. I need at least 2 more for this year, probably 3 or 4, depending on my money situation.

Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Like dmaccole said, there will be more coops. Last year, i think there were at least 5 that I can remember, and i think there were more then that. There will probably be another one next month or at the very least, another in March. Don't worry about it, there will be plenty of opportunities to get your hands on some LEs. I need at least 2 more for this year, probably 3 or 4, depending on my money situation.

Jesse

This is totally incorrect. Lets please not make annoucements of coops ect that are not based in fact but speculation. It causes members to get upset when they plan on it.

The current coop will not even have parts orders completely received by then. It will be a while before the next express coop can start.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, »
Last year when I got my controllers, they came really quick. I don't mean to mislead anyone. I just remember that my kits came pretty quick after the coop. Maybe it did take a couple weeks to get the things, I really don't remember(thats what 3 seizures do to your memory). I'm sorry if I did mislead someone.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, »
Yes the smaller coops often happen fast as the parts are in stock. But if we have backorders as we will with this one it adds to the time as JJ can not sort what he does not have.  We will turn it around as soon as possible believe me but it will be a little bit. 

RJ

Offline lightguy

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, »
So lets say you have one or two people who order kits and then dont pay do you have a waiting list who you would sell to instead? Lightguy

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, »
From what I have seen that would be a no.  I think it works like this.....  Example......

500 kits ordered

490 pay

10 get dropped and only 490 is ordered.

It does not get re-opened to sell 10 more.

Just what I have gathered from coops I have seen in the 14 months I have been here.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, »
there are always the chance someone ordered too many kits and will be selling them.
Chris

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, »
Yes we drop the unpaid orders. It prevents disagreements on who should get them and the coop manager trying to track a second group of people and who gets what if this happens, ect.

Your in a coop or not. There is no standby like the airlines.

RJ