Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

EtherDongle and older hardware compatibility

<< < (5/5)

CourtBard:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know what you're saying but I disagree Rick.  I think it was a great idea to create the two versions of firmware.  There are enough users in the DMX-Only world who will want to invest in the EtherDongle yet save money by not needing to purchase a SS Hub and PC power supply.  I think any confusion that is arising will be short lived once more info and the hardware if available to the masses.

-Mike

--- End quote ---

This was my point. I want to go with the etherdongle because it seems pointless to go with an older model if the newer one does everything the older one did and more, plus it is not that much more expensive. I do not have the money to invest in all of the RGB stuff at this point, so I will be sticking with DMX led strings for now, but want the ability to ugrade later without having to get another dongle, etc. I just wanted to know what the max channels of DMX were for the etherdongle. I don't plan on having nearly that many channels.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginTwo comments

Start slow

DLA rules - non-commercial use only

RM

--- End quote ---

I am planning on starting slow. Aain, just wanted to see what the potential was.

I understand that these are all for non commercial use as well.

CourtBard:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHi CourtBard,

I have no idea what you are getting at?????

where do you see $85 for a SSC? (more like $8.00 per SSC)

Rick R.

--- End quote ---

I was including the $70 some odd for the 128 node string as well. Just trying to calculate the prices for a complete RGB string including the controller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version