Author Topic: Next year and how to stay in the wife's good graces  (Read 1715 times)

Offline arw01

Re: Next year and how to stay in the wife's good graces
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Haha.  Would love to be doing that Mazda.  Still finishing 2 more LE builds and then waiting for the after Christmas sales to buy those lights.  I might be waiting till next year to get into the smart/dumb string world.

A Sale?!  a Sale?!  That sounds like a wonderful way to stay in the graces of the wife!  Mine, who had the audacity of saying, you know you are going to have to stick with this hobby?  SHE'S the one said we have to do that next year when we say an animated house last season!

Seriously, who puts the lights on sale after Christmas?  I did not think Ray did a "sale" persay.

Alan

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, »
Sales after the season are really for the most part a thing of the past.  The stores put the Christmas stuff out arund the middle of October and sometimes even earlier and many are pretty much sold out of the good stuff about a week after Thanksgiving.  Some of the Online LED providers have pre-season sales that kick off in January with delivery around the middle of the year.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tjbrickner

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, »
Unless you are in the middle of nowhere like myself...  The K-mart and Menards here do it
Afraid of heights and I'm still always on the roof...

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, »
Unless you are in the middle of nowhere like myself...  The K-mart and Menards here do it

Just checked your profile and took a second look at your picture.  Is that base housing?  I was stationed at MAFB from Aug, 94 till retirement in Apr 01, then continued to live over on 20th St NW until '05.

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline tjbrickner

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, »
Nope, down by the river.  Didn't move to Minot till after I got out of the Air Force LOL.  You wouldn't believe this town now.  Oil has blown this place up like a balloon.
Afraid of heights and I'm still always on the roof...

Offline arw01

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, »
Time to sell and move, take the money and run, unless you like 40 below with wind chill!

Offline Donny M. Carter

• Ocean Springs, MS
    • Carter Christmas Lights
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, »
I was in Home Depot and thought of this thread when I saw these magnets. Maybe they will work.