Author Topic: conductor ?  (Read 695 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
conductor ?
« on: January 10, 2011, »
RJ, I was able to go see Bisquit display and he uses both LOR and Lnyx and what I liked is he runs everything off a SD card and mp3. he does not need his computer on which is real nice ( Don't need to remeber to turn on computer before leaving for the night ) My ? is this what the conductor will do. I read the post in the conductor but did not see what your intentions are for it. Could you give us a  Idea what you hope the conductor will do or be used for.  The reason I am asking is I am looking at doing what Bill does but if the conductor will do the same or (knowing you even more ) than I'll wait on it.
Jeff

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: conductor ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, »
Same way here, the 2010 display was maxed out using the LOR mini director in my display.

176 DMX channels and 600 channels of CCR using LOR did it in.

If we cannot get more speed out of the communications and have all pieces with the same ability to handle the same speed we will have problems. Had too increase the port speed from 57.6K to 115.2K to get some of the events to work, but also had misfires on the DMX and LOR sides.

What I found out is LOR mini director cannot handle 20ms events reliably, Lynx wireless speed is slightly slow.

If your minimum events are 50ms you would not see any but DMX can handle 25ms events.

Now what about Pixelnet? what is the maximum event speed?

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login